The boy wraps his arms around my neck in a death grip. We run until we are far enough away to let both of them down. At the same time, they both wrap their tiny arms around each of our legs. My right hand automatically goes down to the boy's head and I brush his hair back, comfortingly.

        "Are you guys okay?" I ask the two of them with worry in my eyes. 

        The little girl nods her head. "Y-Yeah." She releases Scott's leg to hug her little brother, who is still attached to me. "T-Thank you."

        I look over at Scott. "Call Derek." 

        Scott nods and slides his phone out of his pocket. I glance down at the two, scared children. The moon really is affecting Boyd. If he was willing to attack to children, that means he has no limits for tonight. We need to catch him before someone dies. These poor kids must have been terrified. Hopefully, they don't ask any questions about what that was. 

        I pick up on Derek's voice from the phone call. "You lost them?"

        "Yeah, we kind of had to." Scott replies, glancing over at me.

        "Wasn't exactly the plan."

        "I know, which is why I think that we should stick together. Trust me, he's too strong, too fast, and way too angry for one person to handle. We've got to do this together." 

        "Look, I'm at the trails by the entrance to the preserve. Can you meet me here?"

        Scott nods his head. "Yeah. Just got to drop something off first." 

X

                With Derek a few feet ahead of me and Scott by my side, I slide under the bent tree. Both of them show off a little more by jumping through it. Scott lands just inches away from me from his flip in the air. Derek analyzes the footprint on the ground. Scott stands crouched on the ground while I walk over to Derek, curiously. 

        "Is it them?" Scott asks from his position on the ground.

        "We're not the only ones that decided to stick together." Derek look up from the ground, eyes scanning the area ahead of us. 

        I follow his gaze. "Is that going to make it easier or harder to catch them?"

        "I don't know." 

        Scott climbs to his feet, walking closer. "Derek, we saw Boyd try to rip two little kids apart. Are they gonna do that to everyone they find?"

        Derek passes the two of us. "Everyone and anyone."

        I nervously swallow. This isn't like Boyd. He had gotten so much better during the full moon until they kept him locked up for months. Now, he is on a killing rampage. We have to find him. Boyd will hate himself if he killed someone. He's not that kind of person. 

        I run up to the campfire just in time to see Cora throw Isaac against a tree. I push myself faster, but Scott beats me to the scene and jumps over Isaac. Scott kicks Cora to the ground just as I rush to Isaac, helping him up. Scott jumps back to his feet. The three of us form a half circle around Cora until Isaac edges towards her. Derek approaches her from the side. Cora takes off running with Derek and Isaac right behind her.