XII. REAL LIFE ( PART 2 )

As Claudia walked around with her camera in her hand, she felt herself start to shiver. Why was it suddenly getting cold in here? Was it just her nerves, or was it something else that was in the house with them? She walked closer to Shane, her hand brushing against his slightly.
    "Scared?" Shane asked, noticing the change in Claudia's demeanor as the two of them walked downstairs to the basement where there had been reports of activity. The two of them were alone together. It was originally going to be all of them going in separately, but Claudia couldn't go in alone, and so Ryan decided the two of them could go in together While the camera crew took a break and Ryan filmed some of the voiceovers.
     She shook her head, "No, I'm not." A lie. A really flat lie that could easily be seen through.
    "You're lying," Shane said in a mocking tone, stopping in his footsteps and looking at her. "You're super scared." He teased her.
     Claudia sighed, turning around to face him. She was so scared, even stopping and looking at Shane was making her nervous that something was going to get her in the darkness.
    Why did she believe in ghosts so much?
    "You don't have to be scared," Shane said.
    "I told you I'm not," Claudia stated.
    Shane grabbed her hand, it was obviously sweaty and shaking.
    "You're shaking, Claudia."
    "Tell me something I don't know, Shane."
   He walked a little closer, looking down at her. He stayed holding her hand as he brushed her hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear. It was a small gesture, yet Claudia couldn't help but smile.
    Before they had time to realize what they were doing, Claudia stood on her tippy toes to peck Shane's lips, pulling away and slightly regretting what she had done.
     "Finally!" An outside voice yelled, making the two jump apart, scared out of their life for some booming voice. And now there was laughing.
     It was Ryan.
     Goddamnit Ryan!
    "Finally you two came together! It's been months," Ryan said. "I finally figured out how to make it happen." He smiled. "Goddamn, I'm good!"