Chapter tWo: sTucK

A/N: Okay so this might not exactly be a good update, but I wasn't exactly inspired with is one. Without further ado, on with story.

A pang of and slight dizziness went through him as his head met the concrete.

He slowly opened his eyes to find his vision in a blur, but he can at least make out a figure standing in front of him. It moved slowly forward as if cautious of him.

Once his vision cleared out red eyes met his own.

"Ve~!" he exclaimed, standing. He wobbled a bit in his haste. But calmed down upon seeing the owner of the rose-like orbs. A young girl probably no older than 9 was staring warily at him, as if he might pounce on her any second now.

A minute that seemed to stretch on forever passed when he saw her release the tension in her body, as if she finally took in the situation.

The girl broke the silence.

"Are you okay?"

He was silent for a bit before replying.

"Yes"

They shared another uneasy silence.

This time Feliciano was the one who broke the silence.

"Umm, where are we?"

It was true. He didn't feel like he was in the mansion anymore.

"I... Honestly, I'm not sure myself." said the child.

"But you fell through there." she motioned to the large painting behind him.

He furrowed his brows.

The painting?

Ib watched the stranger as he stared at the painting as if trying to figure out an extremely difficult problem.

Her eyes fell on the painting and they widened.

No.

She took a step forward and slammed her fist against the now present glass.

No!

The stranger looked at her then the art piece, and his eyes widen in realization. He can't be stuck there!

She watched as he raise a book and joined her in pounding the glass.

"Is there," he started. She turned her attention to him. "another way out?"

She put her now red hands against her side. "Yes"

She almost felt his determination as she said that.

"But we have to find it."

Now, she felt his hope deflate.

No, no, no, no, NO! He can't be stuck there. They need him NOW!

The little girl took a worried glance at his expression.

"No, I have to get back now!" his desperate vioce filled the room.

She looked at him and the painting, her eyes lit up, as if she found some hope in his somewhat situation that was seemingly devoid of it.

"It think time stopped." the red eyed girl said stated, but it sounded more like a question than a statement.

"Why?" he said.

She pointed at the painting.

"That glass sculpture fell because of that loud pounding just before you fell in."

True enough, when he looked at the now-more-visible transparent shards that seemed to have froze in mid-air.

He felt his eyes light up like hers did earlier as he found some hope.