the sounds of 2018

hello my friends!! i'm like 8 months late, but i decided to finally publish this (i'm sorry I procrastinate a lot and i'm very bad at keeping up to date with this book). 

i'm sorry that I haven't been on and I haven't updated this thing in centuries lmao. i'm so busy with college and work and friends and family and my life is kinda all over the place, but i'm doing good and I hope you guys are doing good as well. 

anyways, here's a list of 18 bops that I thoroughly listened to in 2018!! I do recommend listening to them all if u want. I promise I have a bomb ass music taste.

also, my spotify is rxchels so you can follow me and see all my amazing playlists!!

1. Losing My Religion by R.E.M. (I used to cry to this whenever some dumb boy broke my heart)

2. In My Time of Dying by Led Zeppelin (I want this to be played at my funeral)

3. Uncertain Smile by The The (one of my favorite songs ever)

4. 1999 WILDFIRE by Brockhampton (great song for when you're hanging out with your friends in the summer)

5. California Dreamin' by The Mamas and Papas (this is also a 2019 favorite)

6. Who Can It Be Now? by Men At Work (very catchy and fun to jam out to at karaoke) 

7. Welcome Home (Sanitarium) by Metallica (A BOP I LOVE METALLICA)

8. Dignified and Old by the Modern Lovers (also a great song to cry to when someone breaks ur heart and I love the Modern Lovers a lot. they're very relatable)

9. GUMMY by Brockhampton (I was going through a Brockhampton phase last year and I remember extensively listening to SATURATION II AND SATURATION III)

10. Sweet Talkin' Woman by Electric Light Orchestra (I LOVE THEM!! they're such an underrated band omg I listened to them A LOT last year)

11. Paint It, Black by the Rolling Stones (omg I remember listening to this all the time during the summer of last year. I love this song and the Stones)

12. 4 Seasons by Rex Orange County (I used to listen to him a lot last year and I remember listening to the song while driving and reminiscing)

13. Dream Brother by Jeff Buckley (this is also one of my favorite songs ever. I can't even describe it, but it always makes me cry or at least makes me feel very melancholic. such a beautifully haunting song ugh Jeff Buckley was an angel)

14. Gold Dust Woman - Early Demo by Fleetwood Mac (also one of my favorite songs ever. so moving and empowering in a way.)

15. The Letter by the Box Tops (such a RAW VOICE! omg I can't believe Alex Chilton was a teenager when he sang this song. I remember watching bad times at the el royale and getting so excited when this song started playing. I listened to it repeatedly for days. also one of my favorite songs ever)

16. 5:15 by the Who (AMAZING SONG!! I USED TO JAM OUT TO THIS ALL THE TIME DURING THE FALL!! IT STARTS OFF ALL SLOW AND THEN IT JUST PICKS UP AND YOU FIND YOURSELF HEAD BANGING AND SINGING ALONG!! WOOOOO I LOVE THE WHO)

17. Lookin' At Tomorrow (A Welfare Song) by the Beach Boys (such a sad song, but still a magnificent song though! it's only like one minute and 59 seconds long, so I wish it was longer, but it's still brilliant)

18. Sonic Reducer by Dead Boys (A PUNK BOP!! I listened to this all the time last fall and I feel like such a badass whenever I jam out to this song.)

alrighty! that's all I have for you folks! 

if you want to find out about any other song I jammed out to last year, hit up my spotify! I have a whole playlist full of that and a couple playlists for the months of last year (I used to have apple music, but I switched to spotify in September or October of last year, so I wasn't able to do all my monthly playlists before September 2018). I also still do monthly playlists now, so you can always see what i'm jamming out to that month.

i'm thinking that maybe I could do album reviews or maybe make some playlists for certain events or feelings or what not and post about them on here. anyways, I love music and I love talking about it, so if you ever want to talk about music with me, you can pm me. but, since i'm not on here as much as I used to be, you can find me on my other social media and message me on there as well. 

twitter - sonicrducer

Instagram - starw0man 

tumblr - starw0man