Chapter 1

I had no clue that Starbucks was even open before seven in the morning until Jax nearly threaten I go get him his precious coffee. Don't get me wrong I adore the man and all but to be woken up from deep sleep to get some damn coffee is not my ideal Monday especially since I don't have to be in the office for another hour! If it weren't for the holidays approaching and that sweet Christmas bonus I have now been promised I would've easily fallen back to sleep.

"I can't believe Huntington has you getting him coffee half an hour before you are even suppose to be in the office ! " ,shouts Betsy Fawn.

I met Betsy when I first started working at Captor Enterprise she has been the only person I could actually enjoy talking to at work and not want to back hand every five minutes. I typically don't mind doing these bullshit work errands alone but hey she was already out when I called her earlier to complain about this coffee run and besides I enjoy her no filter conversations at any hour.

"Hey at least I get a sweet bonus at the end of the year for this precious coffee run" ,I shamelessly admit.

"Well shit since I'm here with you I might as well get a piece of that bonus. "

After a half hour wait and three block walk up to Captor Betsy and I part ways at the elevators.

Right as my elevator closes a man quickly hops in and nearly pushes me against the wall.

"HEY what the hell ! "

I quickly look up to find out who this insane man is to cuss him out when I lose my breath and take in his features. He has rich caramel colored eyes that I can't take my dam eyes off of , his dark brown hair is slightly pushed to one side like an effortless comb over, he has to be at least six feet tall. Suddenly I realize his hands are gripping my waist from almost losing balance earlier and I slowly remove myself from him and try to pull myself together. Thank god the coffee didn't knock out of my hand or I could have kissed that bonus goodbye.

"Woah hey I'm sorry about that I just didn't want to risk missing the elevator ", says the handsome stranger .

"Uhm.... yeah ....well you should be sorry you almost knocked me over " why is it I am not all that bothered by it anymore ?

"Ha, well I'd gladly would've picked you up after sweeping you off your feet ", he says with a smirk.

What an ass, do those cheesy lines work on anyone anymore?

" Anyways what floor do you need, these elevators don't read minds you know "

" The 35th floor please ", he flashes a smile.

He really is handsome, a smug bastard but still handsome none the less.

" So I'm sorry for almost shoving you earlier miss ... ? " .he says.

"Madeline Keys " I respond as the elevator opens on his floor, wait does he work here too I have never seen him here before.

"Well Miss Keys it was nice meeting you looks like this is my stop until next time" , he says with another damn smirk and exits the elevator.

..............................................

As the elevator opens on the 40th floor I rush over to Jax's office door to give him his drink.

"Geez Madeline I should have got the damn drink myself ! ", he shouts .

Wow someone's in a bitchy mood, great now I have to deal with his PMS today.

"There was a line out the door at Starbucks Jax it really was out of my control", I calmly say.

As I attempt to turn and leave his office he quickly adjusts his mood and apologizes to me.

"Look Madeline I'm sorry for being rude it's just we have a new client coming in today and he's on the verge of backing out of this deal with us ,he will be here in two hours and I'm just overly stressed for this meeting".

If I didn't adore Jax when he's not stressed out ,and if he wasn't signing off on all my checks then I would not hesitate on lashing out on his drama queen attitude.

"It's alright Jax ,so who's this new client? You never sent me any type of file on him before ,since I had no clue there was a meeting today".

Unless I was too drunk last night to remember that there was an important meeting this morning, which I silently pray to the gods I'm deadly wrong and that I was not informed about this meeting.

" You haven't received any notice of him because the big bosses upstairs were suppose to be dealing with him directly, but now that he's trying to back out of the deal they called me to try and persuade him in this emergency meeting".

Oh thank god I guess I wasn't that drunk last night, but if Jax is stressed out then I am stressed out, now his drama queen ways won't end until he closes this deal with whoever the man is.

"I'll email you his file so you can get familiar with the information since I need you sitting in on the meeting today just to remind me of any additional info I might miss."

As I hurry out his office and open up the email I quickly start familiarizing myself with the info. This mystery man is quiet the catch his name is Dorian Falcon, newly named owner of Falcon Steel Industries, twenty five and wealthier than Jay-Z and Beyoncé combined. I guess Captor wants to invest in the steel business which doesn't surprise me ,since Captor sniffs out the best of the best and only becomes richer from them.