14

As soon as I step out of the small wooden cabin the fresh scent of the trees fills my senses.

The sound of the cabin door opening and slamming back into it's frame sounds again. I turn around to face Reece, Jordan and a very confused and grumpy Carter.

Reece whispers something to Jordan who nods in agreement.

All of a sudden Jordan turns around facing his back to Carter.

My brow furrows in confusion before a quiet voice appears out of the air.

"Lydia?"

Then the voice registers as Jordan's, I tune in to hear him better.

"Yeah?"

"Do you trust Carter?"

"Of course more than anyone"

He pauses

"Would you trust him with our secret if we told him?"

"Are you serious you would let me tell him?"

"Why are you just whispering to the air Lydia?" Carter asks in a worried tone.

I hold my hand up to him to silence him.

"Yes, if you trust him you can but only him and if he threatens to tell anyone,even Adrien, the agreement is to let Reece scare him into keeping it quiet"

"Okay thanks"

With that Jordan turns back to face us.

Reece walks a little further down so that we have tree coverage and are out of anyone's earshot.

I look to the now very confused Carter.

"Carter I'm about to tell you something that will shock you but if you don't keep it a secret you'll put Reece, Jordan, Nate and I all in danger. Do you agree to keep it a secret?"

"Well I have to know what it is first"

"CARTER"

"Fine yes I always keep your secrets Lydia you know me, you come first before anything"

"Okay so while we explain don't interrupt ok? or run away"

He nods in agreement. I look towards Jordan because he was the one that explained everything to me first, he nods and looks back towards Carter.

"What do you believe in Carter?"

"My parents are Christian why?"

"But what do you believe in? Angels? Heaven? Hell?"

"Yeah all of them I guess"

"What about the supernatural species?"

"What does any of this have to do with what your going to tell me?" He demands.

Totally ignoring Carter's question he continues, "What is your opinion on vampires?"

"Vampires? Are you serious? What the hell man!"

All of a sudden Reece being the impatient guy that he is jumps up into the tree above us and out of sight so swiftly that no leaves fall like when I tried.

Then just as swiftly he drops down about a foot in front of Carter his canines fully extended into fangs.

Carter's pale blue eyes widen like orbs, he flinches back, his mouth literally drops.

"REECE" I yell as I walk over to shield Carter from his true form.

As soon as I walk in front of Reece he withdraws his fangs and backs up.