04

“uh, I don't know dude, I think I just saw Captain America waving at us from the upper building

“uh, I don't know dude, I think I just saw Captain America waving at us from the upper building."

"it was a dove, Ref."

"maybe Captain America turned into the dove?"

"and I am Barack Obama."

"can I get an autograph?"

"how much are you willing to pay?"

"my soul and right arm."

"oh gross, I'll pass, thanks dude."

"wait what? Don't gross my right arm, I-- ow" Fergus threw the empty, crumpled chips bag at Ref, making the younger guy rub his temple and send a glare towards his friend. Refster grabbed the red bandana from the ground, shaking his head as he heard Fergus chuckle in amusement. The curly haired teen froze, glancing in the darkening sky his eyes wide and scared, making Fergus look up as well.

"Fergus, what is that?"

He looked up, seeing something large, metallic and shiny flying towards the park. “I-I have no idea, but it isn't slowing down!” Fergus exclaimed, pulling Ref with him to find cover behind the metal bench as the large thing landed with a loud crash in the middle of the park, crushing the ground and breaking the trees on its way.

Fergus coughed up the dust that was also in his eyes. “Ref? Refster? You alright mate?” He asked breathlessly, his heart going thousand miles per minute. He heard a high pitched yes coming beside him.

Both boys slowly peeked over the bench, trying to take in the screaming of citizens and the large mass of metal before them. Or rather, someone in a metal suit. In a huge, gigantic, grey and purple metal suit. It had large wings sprouting from its back, making it even more intimidating to the two.

The suit shot on the opposite street, breaking the glass of a bank and a small pizza restaurant that was built next to it. It threw grenades, making one of the buildings collapse with a sound so loud that made Fergus clutch his ears and flinch in pain as the ground grumbled beneath them.

“Bring me Tony Stark!” the robotic voice yelled out, spreading smell of smoke, death and chaos around the park.

Ref pulled Fergus back down, both boys having trouble trying to keep their trembling hands still. “I knew what I said earlier, but I changed my mind Fergus, I don't wanna be a hero! I wanna get out of here because we are literally next to that thing. Fergus please, we have to get out of here!” Refster hissed, panic evident in his shaky voice and stuttered words.

Fergus looked across the street anxiously, a shopping center that was still untouched by the bad-metal-guy. Fergus pointed there, looking at scared Ref who was trying so hard not to piss his pants.

Fergus peeked over their barrier. The villain had his back turned at them as he spoke with booming voice. The boys had no mind to listen as he rambled on to get his revenge on Tony Stark.

The two saw their chance and shot out of their hiding place, running for their lives, Fergus almost stumbled when he felt something heavy fall behind them. Running behind a mini van, Fergus flinched when he saw the truck that had been thrown at them now lay broken in the middle of the road. The shopping center was full of scared people, there was no way Ref and Fergus were going to fit in that mass of scared people to hide.

The taller of the two looked down when Ref grabbed his wrist to get his attention. “We have to get out of here Axis will destroy this entire block!” the blond boy muttered anxiously.

“How do you even know that's his name Ref!”

“Because I do, now think of a plan Gus! You're supposed to be the smart one of the two!”

They both protected their heads when the minivan shook.

“Hey! Big guy! If you wanted an autograph you could have just signed up for meet and greet instead of throwing a tantrum you know. Do you know how much repairing it all will cost to the government?!” the Iron Man had shown up, right next to the minivan the two were hiding behind.

Refster and Fergus both peeked from behind the van, their eyes wide and mouth agape as they looked the famous billionaire right before their very eyes.

“its Iron Man Fergus.”

“I know.”

They both threw themselves on the ground as the bad-metal-guy known as Axis shot at Stark, who simply flew up, making all the shots land on the vehicle behind him. “I don't wanna die!”

Paniced, the both stumbled up and ran from the two metal men wrestling with each other. They really didn't want to be crushed by a flying car or a villain who had grudge against Iron Man.

Fergus leaned against a building as he pulled Ref into the alleyway. They were both covered with dust and dirt as they breathed heavily, trying to catch their breaths. “oh this isn't good, Fergus this is very, very bad situation! But... Is that Hawkeye up there? Holy cow Fergus! I think half of the team is here! Oh my God I-- Wait, let's save ourselves and then admire the fact that we saw Iron Man in action.”

While Refster was babbling nervously, Fergus had looked around the building, his green eyes stopping on a certain damaged one. He narrowed his eyes, looking as two masked thieves were robbing a bank, the first building Axis had blown up.

“Shut up Ref, do you see that? There's a bank robbery going on and some people are taken hostage, we have to help them!”

“oh don't even think about it! You're the last person to help anyone, we know your bad luck! Besides, Avengers are here, they got it handled!” Fergus glanced at the scene of battle and the ruins they ekft behind. As much as they tried, it seemed nearly impossible to damage the villains metal suit.

“be a man Ref, come on.”

Ignoring the other man's protests, Fergus crept closer to the yelling coming from the bank.

The windows were broken, glass shattered the streets as he peeked in. Just two people, one was pointing a gun at the people laying on the ground while the other was hurriedly throwing piles and piles of cash into bags. What made Fergus gulp wasn't the fact that there were heavy guns or crying women in there. But the thief collecting money was like made of elastic. His hands reached in all of the safes and it all seemed to be effortless.

They were mutants.

If one had a power, it mean the one holding a gun at people needed to have a superpower as well.

Fergus jumped when he felt someone poking his side, he pulled back from the shattered windows, looking at Ref gobsmacked. “you-- you run very fast. You have long legs, jeez give me a break.” he looked at his best mate quizzically, being rather impressed he had actually came with him instead of watching the battle play out. “so how's it going in there? What's the report? Any dead?”

Fergus froze, feeling something cold be pressed against his head. Seeing the fear in Refs eyes made Fergus slowly raise his hands in surrender.

“No dead ones yet, but one will soon if they make too much noise.” the voice behind Fergus growled. “get in.”

A/N

Okay, I had little trouble with this, I wrote it two times because I didn't know which way to make this book reach its plot. But now it's out there, and I know for sure how it's gonna go.

I hope it didn't seem too rushed for critical people out there and I just hope ya'll will hang on there and wait for upcoming chapters, hope you enjoyed it thought.