⠀⠀𝟭𝟵. ❛ LONG WAY BACK FROM HELL ❜

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

     Caitlin stared with wide eyes, shaking her head. "But you can't be near the stabilizer rings when they get powered on, or you'll be sucked into the breach."

     Joe and Piper looked to one another, raising their brows slightly.

     Jay being gone? Sign me up.

     "Not if I created a vortex to counteract the pull," Jay argued.

     "You can't do both at the same time." Caitlin pointed out, placing her hands on her hips. Iris rested her head on Piper's shoulder, sighing heavily. The West family and Piper watched the two scientists with bored expressions.

     "I'll help you," Joe announced, clearing his throat. His daughter turned her head as she and the redhead gave him looks of disbelief.

     "What? Dad, no." Iris protested.

     "Look, if it brings Barry back to this Earth, I'm doing it."

     Jay raised his brows, disappointed that it hadn't been Piper who'd volunteered to help. "You sure?" he asked. Joe nodded. Gesturing for the man to follow him, the blonde walked towards the rings of the speed canon. "There's an override switch on every stabilizer ring. I'll create the vortex, and you flip all of them. They should all reboot. Once that's done, you power up the canon. The breach should stabilize." Jay stated, saying the last portion to Caitlin, who nodded.

     "And if it doesn't?" Piper challenged, raising a brow.

     The two speedsters made eye contact, and she saw a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Then we're all out of luck. Now, Piper, I need you to finish the vortex if the V-9 shortages or if I don't run fast enough to stabilize it."

     Piper nodded, narrowing her eyes as Jay began creating the vortex.

     Caitlin's hair blew back as she looked down at the computer monitor, watching as the speed canon rebooted. Joe ran to the different rings, flipping the switches while ducking from electricity sparks.

     Watching with suspicious eyes, Piper saw the red streaks of electricity generating from Jay's body slowing down. She looked to the doctor, seeing that the woman had noticed the same thing.

     "The Velocity-9 is running out!"

     Piper uncrossed her arms and stepped forward. Grunting, Joe reached forward and flipped the last switch. The lights on the computer monitor turned green, and Caitlin powered up the canon.

     A flash of red whirled against the wall, and Jay groaned, his hand reaching up to his forehead, which had a small gash from the impact his head endured. The brunette quickly ran over to him while Piper and Iris ran to Joe, who was breathing heavily while leaning against the wall.

     "Are you okay?" Iris asked, and the detective nodded. Piper gave him a small smile, and they joined Caitlin and Jay.

     "It's almost time," the reporter whispered, glancing at the redhead holding her hand tightly. Piper gulped, praying that Barry would fulfill his promise of coming back to her. She needed him back here. She needed to know that he was okay.

     Just as Joe placed a comforting hand on his daughter and Piper's back, a whoosh of yellow raced in. Cisco appeared before the speed canon, holding onto who everyone assumed was Jesse.

     "Cisco!" Piper shouted, and the boy looked up, tossing his bag to the ground.

     "Get ready to close the breach for good. Zoom's coming!" he yelled, dragging a disheveled girl behind him as he ran towards the group.

     Piper glanced to Jay, who was smirking lightly. He's up to something. Something about this doesn't feel right.

     "It shouldn't be taking this long," Cisco pointed out, referring to Barry and Harry.

     Everyone shared worried glances. Jay had walked forward, holding the last breach implosion reactor in his hands, ready to close it as time was nearly out. Piper felt her heart drop as everyone waited.

      Something's wrong.

     Suddenly, the beam of yellow lightning that everyone had been waiting for appeared. Harry stumbled forward, and Jesse caught him.

     Barry skidded to a stop and turned around. "Close it! Close it now!" His eyes landed on Jay and he froze. Zoom was already there.

     Jay threw the reactor without hesitation, and the breach began to close as he strolled towards it. Caitlin ran up to the speed canon, smiling, her eyes on Jay as he turned around.

     Piper stopped walking towards Barry as she saw the breach flicker to a dark black. Narrowing her eyes, she wandered towards the canon, ignoring Cisco and Barry, who tried to greet her.

     Everyone, minus Jay and Caitlin, watched as the redhead seemed to be in some sort of trance.

     The breach glowed bright blue before a hand covered in black leather, and blue lightning reached through, striking Jay right through the chest. Piper froze in her footsteps, watching with wide eyes as the life in Jay's eyes vanished. Nearly immediately, the breach and the blonde's body were gone.

     "No!" Caitlin screamed, her eyes shining with hot tears.

     The team was silent as the brunette's sobs filled the room. Jesse and Barry shared speculation looks; they knew Jay was Zoom, so how'd he just die?

     Cisco rushed forward and grabbed onto his best friend, whispering to her as he dragged her out of the room.

     Piper blinked slowly, turning around to automatically look at Joe, who was already staring at her with wide eyes. Breathing in shakily, Iris brought a hand to her mouth while Harry stood dumbly.

     "Jay... He's gone," the West woman spoke softly.

     No one said anything before Piper shook her head defiantly. "No, he's not."

     Barry frowned, seeing the look on her face. It was an expression he'd never seen before. Something he couldn't identify.

     "Lita, we just all saw what happened. Garrick's dead," Harry stated bluntly.

     Piper shook her head again, knowing there would be hell to pay once she told them the truth. She'd lied to them. Just like Eobard. Just like Harry. And just like Hunter Zoloman.

     Piper Lita lied to the people she cared about the most, but more importantly, she lied to Barry. A choice she willingly made on her own. A choice that she knew, as soon as she told him, she would regret.

     "His name's not Jay Garrick—"

     "Piper," Joe cut her off, giving her a look.

     She shook her head. "They need to know."

     "Need to know what?" Iris asked.

     Piper took in a deep breath, her eyes leaving Joe's. "His real name is Hunter Zoloman, and he's Zoom."