Chapter 1

Have you ever felt as if you were being watched? Alone, completely, yet eyes are on you? We often just brush this off, ignore it by deeming it a common feeling; others may claim it's a Guardian Angel. What if I were to tell you that there's more to it that that?
"Tamashi, dinners ready!" My mother yelled up to me from the ground.
I climb onto my roof often. It's my peaceful place. I sit up here and just stare out into the city, embracing its beauty. It's easy to think with this view. Easy to let myself become captured into my own thoughts.
"Yes Ma'am," I yelled down to my mom "I'm coming."
I climbed down from the rooftop and made my way inside. As I opened the door, I heard a voice.
"How do you sit out there, Tamashi? It's cold!" I turned around from shutting the door and was met by my little sister who was glaring at me.
"Well, Cyra," I said as I reached down and put my hand on her blonde hair. "It's just comforting to me." I then smiled.
She slapped my hand off of her head. "You're going to get sick!" She said with a grumpy tone.
"I'll be fine." I said while chuckling.
"You two cut it out and come eat." My mom said from the dining room.
We made our way to the dining room and sat at the table. There's four chairs at the table. One on each side. We keep one chair untouched as a tribute to my father who died three years ago.
"Yay! I love Lasagna!" Cyra yelled out while stabbing her fork into her food.
"Hang on, Cya," My mom said, waving in the air. "We need to pray first."
My mom grabbed our hand and we all closed our eyes as she began to pray. My mom is big on religion. She's always been but began to latch onto it more after my father died. I pretty much did the opposite. I believe there's a higher power, yes. However, a God? I don't know about that. Even so, I've always followed my mothers teachings, bowing to her morals. I don't know if she's right, but I can't be certain that I am either. For that, I simply do what makes her happy. Thats more important to me than any uncertainties.

"Another heart attack has struck a family inside the small Tirell Suburbs of Ahem. This is the third heart attack to reach this small neighborhood in 2 months." Came blaring out the television. Mom got up from the table and bean to walk towards the TV.

"The victim is 73 year old Wil-" My mom shut the TV off before the reporter could finish his sentence.

"Its this damn weather," My mom said as she began walking back to the table. "Its not good on the heart for those with weaker immune systems."

"Tamashi...." Tyra said quietly.

I turned my attention from my mother to my sister. "Yes, what is it?" I asked Cyra.

"Well, its just that you walk home in this weather," Her voice was getting weaker. "I don't want you to have a heart attack." She added in, her voice slowly disappearing with each word.

I smiled and chuckled. "Do you really think this weather can get the best of me? I'll kick its butt into summertime." I said with a big grin.

She smiled at that "You're so dumb." She said before laughing. Her giggle was precious to me, a sound igniting enough to give me the peace of a garden.

"Oh, Tamashi!" She yelled out quickly, food spitting out of her mouth.

She jumped to cover her mouth. She was so embarrassed like I haven't seen her do much worse. "What is it?" I asked.

She began to twiddle her thumbs. "Well, I was just wondering if after school tomorrow we could play together?" She asked nervously.

I ate a fork-full of lasagna and cleared my throat. "I have practice tomorrow, but I promise as soon as I get home we can." I said smiling at her as if I was trying to convince her of a lie.

"Okay!" she said joyfully. She then lifted her plate into the air. "Mom, I'm finished." She said.

Mom, who already made who her way back to the table, took a sip of water. "Okay honey, go get ready for bed." She said.