Chapter 9

"Ben! There you are! Fuck. I thought you left..."

"Sorry, sorry." Ben apologizes. Jeff sighs and goes up to Ben, kneels down, and hugs him.

"Sorry I haven't been myself.." He mumbles into Ben's chest.

"Awww!" I say. Jeff looks at me.

"Shut up Toby.." He mumbles. I just snicker and go inside. Little did Jeff know, I took a picture. I put my phone back in my pocket and go upstairs into my room to see it was empty. I go to my bed and sit on it. It was starting to get dark. I suddenly hear coughing from Masky's room. I get up and dash out of my room and into Masky's to see him on the floor coughing. I run up to him.

"Masky?!" I yell. He tries to point to his nightstand. I look at it to see a small pill bottle. I get up and grab it. I give it to Masky. He pushes up his mask to only show his mouth and takes out 2 pills and dry-swallows them. The coughing died out after a minute.

"Thank you." I hear Masky say quietly. His voice was hoarse from the coughing.

"You're w-welcome." I reply as I help him stand up.

"A-Are you okay?" I ask. He nods silently.

"How did H-Hoodie not hear you c-coughing??" I ask. Masky tries to talk but I could barely understand him.

"Mis..on..."

"Mission?" Masky nods.

"Oh. G-Good thing I h-had heard you t-then." Masky nods again as he sits on his bed. I turn around but feel Masky grab my wrist. I turn my head to look at him.

"Pl..se.. St..ay.." He says. I nod and he lets go of my wrist. I shut the door and sit next to Masky on his bed. Masky lies his head on my lap tiredly. The coughing must've tired him out. I gently pet his hair as his breathing calms completely as he falls asleep. I, however, stay awake. I've been trying to stay up as long as I can. I look at the mask. I gently take it off him and set it on the nightstand. Masky was lightly blushing in his sleep. The hell was he dreaming about..? Better question; did I even wanna know? I shake it off and stop petting Masky's hair.

Smol timeskip

Its been about 10 minutes. Masky starts whimpering. I gently pet his hair. Masky's breath starts going ragged and uneven.

"Masky, c-calm down." I say as I pet his hair. Masky starts to visibly shake and tears started to roll down his cheeks as he mumbles things like 'no', 'please' or 'stop'.

"Poor thing." I mumble to nobody. Masky whimpers. I sigh. I look at Masky again. I make him sit up and he immediately hugs me. I smile lightly and hug him back. I look at the time to see it was 2 AM. Masky's sobs became quieter until they were only whimpers. He had stopped mumbling, but he was still visibly shaking. His breathing was also still a bit uneven.

"Masky?" I ask quietly.

"Y-Yeah..?" I hear in a response.

"You o-okay.....?"

"...... No..." He says. I pet his hair again as he sobbed once more.

"Shh. E-Everything will be o-okay, Masky. I promise." I say. I feel Masky nod slightly. He pulls away from me. His dark brown eyes look into mine. I hesitantly wipe away Masky's tears. Before I can pull my hand away, Masky nuzzles into my hand. I blush. Not many people saw this side of Masky. It was honestly quite cute.

Cute? Ha! Dumbass! He's probably straight! Either that or he's gay for someone else!

I ignore the voices comments and think.