"That wasn't what you thought back there. I mean, have you met Pansy." At that, she stifled a laugh. "She just thinks she owns me or something. Like I'm in debt to her or something. I'm sorry. About everything."

"It's okay," she said quietly, "You didn't mean it."

Here I was, thinking she had no idea who I was. What is was like. But she knows me better than I thought. I didn't really know what to say to that, so I just watched her movement. Wiping her eyes. Pushing the loose hair behind her ear.

"Well, it's been a long day..." she started.

"Yeah, I know what you mean."

"So I'm gonna hit the hay."

"Yeah-" Wait what did she just say, "Huh?"

"Hit the hay, ya know?" I shook my head. "Its a muggle expression," she said with a small smile, "It means you're going to sleep."

"Oh?" I still didn't understand why you would say that if you're tired, but muggles are muggles.

I bobbed my head as a good-bye and went into my room.

***

Another month came and went. Hermione and I were back on speaking terms. Things were back to normal, the casual normal. Neither of us were quite comfortable discussing what had happened, so I guess we were pretending it never really had happened.

At least she didn't hate my guts.

It was the first day of December, I was out by the lake, despite the coldness closing in on me. I felt as if things were looking up for me. My friend helped me realize that.

"Life has its ups and downs, goods and bads. Everything does. There's also a right and a wrong to everything. You just have to learn to tell the difference," She had said, "Your solution is to turn to the negatives. Look at yourself. Take a good look at what that's done to you. Where has it gotten you? No where's. You just need to learn how to control yourself. Then, she'll be crawling into your hand."

How did she know? Maybe she didn't. "What are you talking about?"

"You know," she said teasily with a wink before stalking away.

Sitting here on this same bench, with her at my side, I felt confident. She was the only one who seemed to know what something's like but never having experienced it. She was just like that. Good with people. The opposite of me.

"How are things coming along," she asked dreamily, pausing from reading her magazine to look at me.

There was really no sense in hiding it anymore. She had figured everything out just by watching. I'd have to try that sometime.

I sighed and shifted in my seat. "Not good," she answered for me.

"Sorta, but its not like she hates me or anything - thank god - but it seems like she's lost any interest she had. I, I just don't know anymore." Call me crazy but, Luna, Looney Luna, was the only one I could really talk to.

"No, trust me, that's not it. You just have to show her that you're worth her time. That's she's not making a mistake. Make her positive that you're the right choice for her."

But, when she said things like that, I wished she would just act like a normal person, but I guess it was a good thing she wasn't. "And how the hell do I do that."

"Now, that is up to you." She patted my knee before gleefully bouncing away. Something is seriously wrong with her. That's what makes her so right. Does that make any sense? Oh well...