Chapter 11

A week. I had a week until the Trimurti came. My hands became clammy and I started to sweat. I couldn’t sleep so I tiptoed out, into the living room, where Seb was every night, reading.

“I can’t believe you never sleep” I muttered putting my head on his lap.

“I can’t believe you’re not sleeping” he retorted.

“I can’t”. He stroked my hair back, and I smiled up at him.

“Soon you won’t need to sleep; it’d just be something you do to pass the time”.

“But I can’t sleep now” I pouted getting up “carry me”. He rolled his eyes and I giggled gleefully as he picked me up effortless and took me up to the room. He turned to leave after he tucked me in, and I yawned.

“Stay” I pleaded and he sighed, getting in beside me. I put my head on his chest and closed my eyes. I felt his lips brush against my hair before I fell asleep.

The next morning my bed was empty, yet again. I yawned before clambering out into the hall, I heard voices, raised voices downstairs. I didn’t know what to do but I went downstairs anyway. They stopped as soon as I started making my way down, and I knew their extreme senses gave me away. I burst into the living room and froze. They boy from the party was there, I felt my gaze go straight back to his yellow eyes, then take in his biker jacket and newly dyed black hair. Seb looked angry, I walked over to stand beside him.

“Whats going on?” I asked, directing the question to Seb. The boy smiled, and gave a wolf whistle and looked me up and down, I blushed and took in my boxer shorts and flimsy camisole. Seb gave a growl and stepped forward.

“Ace, shut up” so that was his name, Ace.

“I’m sorry if I was admiring my Luna Moon” he said.

“Yours?” I scoffed, much to Seb’s amusement.

“I was having words with the mutt” Ace hissed.

I didn’t like him, at all. I stepped forward before Seb could, and jabbed him, in his shoulder as hard as I could. A jab seems like nothing to a human being, especially to a werewolf, but I sensed Luther’s chakra point exactly, which made it likely he would be in excoriating pain for at least a minute. He howled, clutching his shoulder and cursed very loudly.

Seb chuckled, but I was still seething.

“Watch who you call mutt, Atticus” his real name came to me like a flash, and that had Seb cracking up. Ace’s pain had subsided and he took a menacing step forward. I didn’t flinch as he came nose to nose with me.

“I’m trying to help you!” he hissed.

“Yeah right” Seb stepped between us “All you ever wanted has been clear from the very start”.

Ace sighed “Dude, I not here to steal your girlfriend, I for one don’t want a girlfriend who can kick my butt”. I giggled, and Ace turned to me.

“Although, that is a major turn on”. I laughed again, he was growing on me. Seb didn’t find it funny at all, he just glared at Ace.

“If he wants to help, he wants to help” I said shrugging.

“He wants to do everything  but help” Seb said turning to me.

“I’ve done some pretty bad things in my time” Ace said lighting a cigarette “But I ain’t gonna watch you’re pretty face get kicked in by the Trimurti” he winked at me.

“She’s stronger than the Trimurti” Seb said.

“3 of those things combined can beat Luna Moon, that’s why they’re not coming alone”. All this talk was making me feel uncomfortable.

“Yeah whatever, but what can you do to help?” I asked crossing my arms. Ace raised his eyebrows then nodded towards Seb. I turned to Seb for an explanation.

“He has the gift of Telepathy” Seb muttered.

“You what?” I blushed, imagining what he’d see if he could read my mind.  

“Not yours, or his” he nodded towards Seb and looked slightly annoyed “Not anyone Luna Moon’s bonded with”. I blushed again, understanding his jealousy.

“Only because I didn’t force her” Seb muttered.

“I didn’t force her” Ace growled.

“No, you just oh so subtly ripped off her clothes!” they growled at each other, nose to nose.

“Can you not just get along for my sake?” I asked sweetly, batting my eyelashes.

Ace smiled “I can”. Seb glared at him before turning to walk out, but thinking better of it because he didn’t want to leave us alone.

“I’m going to shower” I said turning around.

“Call me for assistance” Ace called after me. I heard a thud, and guessed Seb hadn’t taken that comment very well.