Widget

The grease monkey knelt beside her trusty bike, giving it the tune up it needed. A few sparks flew here and there and she fused what she needed to fuse. Repair what needed fixing. The doorbell to her grease shop jingled. She stood, wiping her hands on the nearest rag, then headed to the main lobby. A man who was there was tall, dark, built very well, and seemed pissed.

"What can I do for yea sugar?" She asked as she rested her arms on the counter. She tossed a stick of gum in to her teeth as she waited for a reply.

"My bike broke down in front of here. Can I pull it in and fix it?" He started. "I don't have money to pay so I can fix it my self if you let me use the tools." Being a kind heart, Natalie let the brute do just that.

" I just better not be losing any. These things are my babies." She smiled, pulling her goggles out of her dark brunette hair and over her eyes before she grabbed the torch. She went back to work on her ride just as fast as she stopped. The stranger looked over at her with a curious twinkle in his eye.

"Never seen this build before, seems kinda old. What is it?"

Natalie looked over her shoulder, smiling softly. She pushed her bangs out of her faced and huffed.

"This old thing?" She asked obviously pointing to the bike she was working on. " It's a one of a kind piece. I built it my self with pieces off of older bikes. Good engine from here, great breaks from there. You get the idea."

"From the tires up?"

"Yup, every last piece. Some even rebuilt from a bolt." She smiled and rubbed the side of her creation. She looked at the man and smiled. "So sugar, whats the name you got?"

"Logan." His voice seemed to trail off, as he started to say more he was cut off by her hand raising up.

"I asked your name sugar, not your life story." She laughed. His pissed look lightened. " Logan? Nice to meet you. The names Natalie, Natalie Stone. " she tipped the invisible hat that she apparently wore.

After a few good hours of fixing and chatting, Logan had to go. Natalie gave a friendly wave, and some parts and a portable toll box. Her new friend was gone within minutes. Returning to work Natalie decided to turn on the news. Apparently some baddies were in her home town and causing havoc. The baddies were identified as Magneto and Mystique. These two were dueling it okay in the open air. Natalie knew she wasn't safe when her building began to rattle, her tools began to rise and her bike began to pull away. She grabbed her best tool kit, hopped on her baby and got away fast.

Much later that night, when the duo was torn apart and things were safe, Natalie returned. Only to discover, her dream, her home. Was torn apart. Her heart dropped. Widget's was her home. She was a mechanic and that was her work shop. She was furious. Suddenly she heard whimpering, and spotted a leg under the rubble. Quickly she did what she could to help.

What she found was a mutant. Mystique was injured. Hiding in the rubble of Natalie's home.

Natalie helped the blue mutant from the rubble of the building that once stood there. She asked in a soft,warm tone.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes,I am fine. Leave me be." Mystique stood on her own. Falling to the ground soon after. Natalie quickly caught her. She helped the mutant back to her feet. Staying next to her as something for Mystique to lean on. "Why are you helping me?" She asked, with fear in her voice. She was ashamed of being helped. Natalie could hear it.

"I helped you, because I want to. You are hurt. I have watched you on the news. I know your in pain. Magneto through you around like a paper bag in the wind."