#18 The Strawberry Shortcake

Tiffany's POV

I let out a breath and looked over my casual outfit of the day, after receiving a text from Joseph, my legs worked faster than my mind and ran to my closet and picked an outfit without even replying to his text. I could almost picture my inner self shaking her head at this.

Joseph: Wanna meet up?

I blinked a few times before letting out a chuckle, "This is stupid," I grabbed my phone and replied back.

Me: Sure, when and where?

Joseph: They just opened this really funky cool cafe

Joseph: I'll send you the location!

Me: Great. I'll meet you there ;)

I physically cringed at the text, awesome job, Tiffany! Now you sound like you wanna suck him dry when you meet!

After fifteen minutes of getting my makeup done, I wore a pair of sandals and grabbed my handbag before descending down the stairs. I slowed down when hushed voices entered my ears. It sounded like Dad and Jen were fighting.

"How can you think like that?" She asked, probably acting hurt to get his sympathy, although I have no idea what they were fighting about.

"Then why did this guy give you flowers? And don't tell me it's because you told him he dropped his wallet! I don't wanna hear more lies, Jennifer!" He managed to keep his tone down, but there was so much anger that he couldn't help but yell in a hushed tone.

"How can you think that I would cheat on you?!" She exclaimed in a hoarse tone, sounding like she was about to cry.

That would be a sight to see.

"Stop stalling and tell me the truth, or so God help me I'm losing my mind right now." He almost growled from his deep voice.

I frowned at the thought of my dad hurting, just because Jennifer couldn't keep it in her pants. My dad is a great, loyal (I'm still confused about his relationship with my very much alive biological mother) husband, I would hate to see him hurt because the other person wasn't.

"I love you! Believe me! I might not have a great relationship with Tiffany, but I love you so much, I can't picture myself with anyone else but you. You know how I am, and you know that I act however I feel like, I am always honest with my feelings and If I didn't feel like our relationship was working, or I started feeling different, I would have told you! But that would never be the case! Why? Because I'm madly in love with you dammit!" The sound of her stomping her foot echoed. I rolled my eyes at her.

There was a long pause before he asked in a low voice, "Then why did he bring you flowers?"

"I-I don't know, after the wallet thing, he insisted on buying me coffee, the next time I saw him, he wanted to pay for my meal, and after that, he wanted my number which I never gave, by the way, and then I started seeing him more around the neighborhood during my morning jogs," She let out a breath, "One day, he caught up to me while running and then accompanied me back home. I have no idea why he would bring me flowers, but he kept mentioning his wallet and it became his excuse, I don't know how to turn the guy down."

This was interesting and all, but my mind kept nagging me 'This is a private conversation! This is a private conversation! Leave now!' I wanted to know more, but I would feel guilty if I stayed, so I walked passed the living room casually and took my car keys from the key holder and glanced at them, "I'm going out."

Dad sent me a smile, "Be careful, and don't be late for dinner."

I nodded silently and left the house without glancing at her, as I was turning the engine on, I checked my phone then followed the location Joseph sent me.