Holiday Ship Night

Warnings: A few swear words

"AAAAHHHH , Y/N." Harrison's frustrated sighs startled you as soon as you picked up his call.

"What? What is it?"

"I have an audition and I think Monty's not feeling good. He's lying around a lot and he's not as energetic.I'm going to take him to the vet tonight and - and I don't know what to do"his preoccupied and worried voice was punctuated by Monty's low panting behind the line. It was clear how worried he was, but you could definitely help with that. What are best friends for, right?

"I'll go with you and I'll take care of him tomorrow. Don't  worry."

"Are you sure you don't have plans?"

"This is Monty you're talking about." you said with an air of finality to your statement.

"Yeah.Thank you so much for doing this.Really, this means a lot."

Harrison gave you a wide,thankful smile as he opened the door to your clenching teeth and million scarves.

"It's fucking freezing outside and thanks to your sweet ass, I had to wait outside for eons." you rolled your eyes at him while he tried to seem apologetic, but was way too busy laughing his ass off.

"Thank you for looking after Monty."

"You do realise I'm not here for you right?"You bent down to greet the bundle of joy jumping on you and continued to talk to him,"I'm here only for the best boy in the world."

"So, no Christmas sweater today, huh?" you asked him, after realising  that it was probably one of the first times you had seen him in something that wasn't a Christmas sweater during the month of December.

"Don't you think that would be a little unprofessional?" he genuinely asked while staring down at what was a professional sweater, at least by his standards.

"No shit,Sherlock."  you replied with a small laugh.

"Oh shit, I'm fucking late. By, Y/N. Bye Monty." he hastily picked up his bag and ran towards the door, leaving you laughing. You and Monty comfortably settled on the couch, him almost sitting on top of you - but you wouldn't have it any other way.

Just as he was about to shut the door to his apartment, Harrison  heard you switch on the TV  and whisper,"Hey Monty, it's just you and me now,bud. What do you want to watch?"
He smiled and quietly shut the door.

Once you relaxed and looked around  the room, you proudly realised that you had actually done a really good job with the Christmas lights despite someone constantly irritating you. Haz hadn't wanted to put up the decorations alone  his first year living away from home, and with Tom out of town, the job fell on you. The two of you had decorated your house as well as his, not the he had done much decorating - you bitterly corrected yourself.