The Triwizard Tournament...

Începe de la început

When finally the 30th arrived the excitement could hardly be contained. Hogwarts was going to be having guests! Something that was extremely rare, so of course the only natural reaction would be to have a sense of anticipation in the air. As soon as the clock chimed 6 the heads of houses were ushering their students into lines and leading them out of the entrance hall to line up again outside of the castle.

There was no doubt that most of the teachers were extremely nervous, telling the young wizards and witches off for the most unimportant and ridiculous things. It could also be seen that quite a few of the students were nervous as well, standing up straight and trying to flatten out their uniforms in order to look smart and presentable. Hermione was still combing her fingers through her curls in a frustrated manner, whilst Ron sighed and shook his head in frustration, whispering to Lyla about how stupid the whole event was and that people like Hermione should not be bothered by it seeing as they can't even take place. He continued like this for a few minutes as Lyla laughed silently at how worked up he was getting until suddenly someone let out an excited scream. 

Dumbledore chuckled, "Unless I am mistaken, that is the Beauxbatons approaching."  This caused a huge commotion as all of the pupils began shouting in excitement and pointing as they noticed a gigantic, powder blue, horse drawn carriage flying through the air. It was being pulled by a dozen winged horses. The site was incredible, so incredible it even shut up Ron. Once the carriage landed a boy dressed in the same powder blue jumped down from the front and opened the door. A large, very magnificently dressed women stepped out graciously. A few people gasped sliently as they watched her walk towards their headmaster. She was massive, taller than Hagrid even (who was blushing madly) she looked like a giant, at least a half one. 

She greeted Dumbledore and engaged him polite coversation as her students began to slowly pile out of the carriage. They were almost more gracious than their giant headmistress, all dressed in tight, powder blue uniforms they walked towards Hogwarts as if they were Ballerinas performing a piece. The Beauxbaton witches were all extremely beautiful. All of the wizards lined up outside the castle were gaping, mouths wide open as they stared at the young ladies approaching their school. Lyla looked up at Ron who was blushing so much that he was as red as a tomato, his mouth was hanging open as he stared them up and dowm. "Bloody hell!" He muttered, Lyla turned away feeling annoyed, she hated that he was looking at them like that, just because they were unnaturally pretty. Was she feeling...jealous?

Soon after this gracious arrival Durmstrang had appeared. Their presentation was less gentle and more scary. As they marched out of a large ship towards Hogwarts Rons face had turned from delight to  shock until he noticed something. "Harry!" He shouted grabbing his best friends shoulder, "Look that Viktor Krum!" This seemed to change his first impression of the school as he watched the world wide famous seeker with suprise and admiration. Harry watched too, intrigued but not as effected as Ron.

After both of the schools had arrived all three of them headed into the Great Hall to have a large welcome feast. There was so much food, it was glorious, and normally Lyla would have eaten five whole portions however she wasn't feeling very hungry. She couldn't help but the urge to be sick every time she noticed Ron turn around in his seat to stare at the Beauxbatons, one blonde girl in particular whose name she had learned was Fleur. Lyla didn't know her but for some reason she already felt the need to rip off Fleur's head. Lyla was confused as to why she was feeling so annoyed and ignored but she didn't like it, so after about 20 minutes of staring hopelessly at the back of Rons head she announced that she was tired and was going to bed.

On her walk to the dormitories she found herself extremely angry. She ran up the moving stairs, kicking random bits of the floor as she did, flinging her arms around in frustration. She continued like this for a while until she heard a soft chuckle behind her. "Someone's a little bit annoyed..." Lyla quickly flung around only to meet the eyes of dean Thomas. In an instant her face her turned from pale white to sun burnt red, she covered her burning cheeks with her hands and shook her head in embarrassment.

"Omg, let me die right now!" She muttered to herself in what she thought was a quiet tone, however it had obviously met the ears of Dean Thomas as he chuckled once more and began to walk towards her. This caused her insides now to burn up in destraught and twice as much embarrassment. Why was she so unlucky?!

"You don't need to die Lyla, we all get embarrassed sometimes." He chuckled as he gently grabbed her hands and pulled them away from her face. Lyla looked up to face him and realised just how close he was. She gulped as he smiled down at her. "So...are you gonna tell me why your in such a bad mood?" He questioned as her blushing grew slightly.

"um..." Lyla didn't know what to say, seeing as she didn't exactly know why she was so angered herself. She waited for a few moments before quietly answering. "Um... I uh don't like the new schools because most of them can take place in the tournament and I can't." 

This caused Dean to chuckled yet again, Lyla realised he still hadn't let go of her hands. She looked down at how he was holding them with her deep red blush. "If you say so..." He replied before slowly but suddenly closing the gap between them. Lyla gasped slightly, Dean Thomas was kissing her! At first she didn't know what to do, so she kissed him back, but as she did she noticed wild butterflies were taking over her stomach and she didn't mind at all that he had been brave enough to make this move. Did she like him? As the kiss came to a close she was convinced this was the truth. 

He smiled at her and she smiled back.