The Triwizard Tournament...

For a split second the whole room was silent in shock before suddenly a huge wave of shouts and gasps filled the room. Across from Lyla, George and Fred were high fiving and shouting random plots to each other with huge grins on their faces. Hermione and Ginny were whispering with straight,serious expressions however you could see that Ginny was trying to hold back her excitement, whilst Ron and Harry were staring at each other with shocked faces. Was she the only one who didn't know what this thing was? Desperately she eyed the table in search for someone she knew that wasn't already talking or staring at someone else, she didn't want to look like an idiot in front of everyone, she already didn't know enough about wizardry. Seamus noticed this, he was sitting next to Dean and he chuckled quietly before whispering in Deans ear, Dean smirked.

"Confused?" Lyla heard someone say in her direction, she turned around to face Seamus and Dean who were both smiling at her. She giggled a little shrugging.

"Guess I don't know anything yet!" She replied causing both Dean and Seamus to chuckle once more.

"Don't worry, this is quite a rare Tournament I'm sure not everyone in this room will know about it. Professor Dumbledores about to explain." Dean said before winking slightly causing Lyla to blush as she nodded and quickly turned away to look back towards Dumbledore.

"Silence please!" He belted and the chatter came to a halt immediately to allow Dumbledore to continue. "This is quite an exciting yet shocking Tournament but let me assure you that once you are chosen to take part, you will stand alone and that this is a serious matter. This is an Inter-school Magical Competition which means more than one school shall be taking part. We are competing against The Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and The Durmstrang Institute. One champion from each school shall be chosen to take place in three different challenges against eachother. This is a magical tournament so magic is allowed to be used but up to a certain extent. Now let me tell you this, before you decide anything to quickly, that this tournament can be extremely dangerous and people may even die whilst taking part. It has been banned since 1792 and was only just reopened, so if you are considering taking part then please keep this in mind. You will be able to enter by putting your name on a slip of paper and into the the Goblet of Fire!"

Dumbledore then reached over to a large object that was being covered by a huge blanket. With one flick of his wand the blanket was removed revealing the Goblet. It was massive made completely out of ancient stone covered in many different markings. The whole room gasped as blue, dancing flames glided out of the top of the Goblet and swirled around it creating different images and pictures.

"This is the Goblet of Fire. It is where those of you who wish to take part shall place your names on a slip of paper, the Goblet is the one who will decide the champions, the staff and I have no responsibility or choice over that decision. Now there is one more thing I must inform you before this exciting event can begin. You must be seventeen or over to enter the Triwizard tournament."

The whole assembly errupted into large shouts and moans of dissaproval. Harry and Ron turned to face eachother, Ron moaning loudly with a 'I can't believe it' look on his face, whilst Fred and George where shouting random things towards Proffessor Dumbledore, "WHAT THATS NOT FAIR!", "ARE YOU SERIOUS!?" they both cried.

Dumbledore stood silent for a few seconds, allowing his students to take in the last extremely important and unexpected detail before he silenced the whole room with one loud clap. "Let me just say that this rule is for you're own safety, people who have more experience in magic have a better chance of survival. Now as we are hosting the event here, our guests shall be arriving soon. I want you to all make them feel welcome. Thank you and good luck."

............The arrival of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang........

The whole time leading up to the arrival of the two other wizardry schools was excruciating. They had been scheduled to arrive on Friday the 30th of October meaning that lessons would end half an hour early, much to Ron and Harry's delight. Each day that passed Lyla found herself beginning to feel more calm about her current situation, since the Triwizard Tournament had been announced the chatter among the students had mainly been about the competition so consequently most of them had forgotten to think about her. At least now she could walk into the Great hall without being stared at 24/7.