(Patton X Reader Part Two)

ابدأ من البداية

"Are you okay?" he asked worriedly, covering his mouth with his hands.

I stopped screaming and gulped, shivering. "Um, yes, I am!"

He sighed with relief and stared at me for a long second. "Sorry for scarin' you kiddo, you nearly jumped out of your skin."

I nodded, smiling awkwardly.

"I'm Patton..," he stated calmly, scanning me over. He noticed the book clutched tightly in my left hand. "Oh, I'm sorry! Was I bothering you?"

"No, I didn't know you were there." I chuckled softly, scanning him myself.

My new friend here wore a light blue polo shirt that had a cute heart logo with glasses on the left side of his shirt. I assume it represented himself, maybe? Paws were hanging loosely on his shoulders, except the paws were part of his dark grey cat hoodie! I wish I could have one of those. He also wore simple creamy brown jeans and light grey sneakers with tightly tied white shoelaces.

Aside from Patton's odd choice of clothing, if I look deeper into the emotions blooming happy, confused and oozing excitement, I could identify passion smoldering with melancholy. I caught the image of his glasses, light bouncing off the lenses and adding sparkling details to his glassy almond eyes. His hair colour was the same colour as his eyes, excluding the lightly dyed purple patch of his silky hair.

Ill intentions weren't plainly visible, I thought just before he popped me back into reality. "Oh, thats funny!" he chirped, sounding more ecstatic than before. "Usually when I do anything around Logan while he's reading, he notices."

I nodded, crowing awkwardly again. "I'm not Logan, whoever that is."

"You absolutely have to meet them sometime!"

"T-Them?" I sputtered.

We hardly know each other and he's treating my like a friend that he hasn't seen in a long time. Reuniting, maybe. I'm happy that someone is being kind to me but I can't guarantee that his friendliness towards me is set in stone. And now Patton's mentioning a 'them'? We just met, you idiot! Sorry, that was rude, but I have a feeling that something's up. Even though he's too kind to me and that is a little weird, he seemed childish and not the type that would or even could cause any harm.

Patton nodded once. "No pressure, kiddo!"

Kiddo?

"Uhm," I inhaled.

He noticed my lack of speech. "Oh!" he interjected. His voice cracked every now and then. And not the one caused by puberty.

"They; the Sides!" he giggled when using the words. "Logan, brilliant person! He is an aggressive learner--He hit the books!" Oo, that's a bad pun. "There's Virgil, a kind little shadowling--"

"Man, you have kids?" I interrupted.

"Eh, no," he replied nervously. "and there's Roman, he loves Disney! Deceit is kind as well..."

I watched as he counted with his fingers eagerly. Seeing him talk about his friends, it was precious, honestly. He smiled each time he flicked to another name, each smile as bright. Patton must have amazing friends! And they better cherish him and protect him. He has a melting smile.

Whoa. what?

"Thomas, a one of a kind!" he chuckled. Either that's an inside joke or he loves to smile and laugh. Maybe both. "He's super important! But we're all equal!"

"Are you cousins?" I asked. "Brothers?"

Patton seemed hesitant on that answer. His eyes froze into a cool solid instead of that warm, almond liquid.