Chapter 2: First Tournament

Hi! I'm just here to say that this is sort of an au, well obviously it is, but there will be events from the books and movies of course. The times might be switched up a little so don't @ me please 😂💖

Hermione quickly walked with Harry and Ron to Defense Against the Dark Arts. Harry and Ron hadn't talked much since the events of yesterday, and Hermione tried her best to start up a conversation, but all of her attempts failed.
She sat down in the front row, as usual, but Ron and Harry sat in the second row.
And then Professor Moody quickly started talking about the 3 unforgivable curses, which Hermione thought was barbaric. And he even showed them!
It was the crucio curse that made Hermione show she had had enough. He had performed a crucio curse on a spider and had forced Neville to watch closely. Neville looked like he was ready to cry or throw up his lunch.
"STOP IT! CAN'T YOU SEE IT'S BOTHERING HIM?! STOP IT!!!" She yelled, and Moody quickly cleared his throat.
"Well... Miss Granger...maybe you can tell me the last curse?" He asked, slowly laying the spider down on her desk. She quickly shook her head 'no'.
He nodded in disappointment and then pointed his wand at the spider and yelled, "Avada Kedavra!" And green light shot from the end of his wand, instantly killing the spider. Hermione wouldn't look at it. She couldn't.
Hermione was glad the class ended. She quickly walked up to Neville and tapped him on the shoulder, she didn't care if Moody heard her, "Neville! Are you okay? He has no right, none! There's a reason those curses are unforgivable!" But all Neville did was nod, meaning he was 'alright' but Hermione knew he wasn't. Before she could protest, Moody quickly pulled Neville aside, and gestures for Hermione to leave. She shot Moody a glare and then grabbed her things and walked out of the room.
Ron and Harry quickly caught up with Hermione, who had the biggest death glare on her face.
"What happe-" Ron began, but Hermione interrupted him.
"It's completely outrageous! Showing something like that! Doing something like that! Did you see Neville's face?! He clearly didn't want to see nor watch it!" Hermione yelled as she stomped down the stairs. Ron and Harry knew to keep quiet in times like these.
Soon enough, Fred and George walked up to them both, and Fred quickly noticed the look on Hermione's face.
"Who upset Granger?" Fred asked.
"Professor Moody! He thinks we're old enough to see unforgivable curses! He showed them to us! And poor Neville! He made him watch up close!" Hermione slammed her book shut, "It's completely idiotic and stupid!" Fred grinned at how adorable Hermione looked when she was mad, then he choked on air. Did he just? No. Nope. Bloody hell no.
George hit Fred on the back as he coughed. "You okay?" George asked as Fred soon cleared his throat.
"Yeah— yeah I'm fine." Fred muttered and then looked at Hermione, meeting her gaze, but they both quickly looked away. Ginny of course noticed this as she had just walked in.
"Hermione, could I talk with you?" Ginny asked and didn't even wait for Hermione to respond. She grabbed her arm and dragged her up to the girls dormitory. "Spill!" Ginny said and smirked, "What's with you and Fred?"
Hermione made a fake disgusted face. "What ever are you talking about, Ginny?" Hermione sounded exasperated, but Ginny just laughed.
"I saw the way you looked at him.. Hermione.. the look in your eyes. When you used to have a 'crush' on Ron. You never looked at him that way."
Hermione felt her cheeks light up, though she tried to hide it.
"I-I have no idea what you're talking about!" Hermione stuttered over her words. "And Ginny, shouldn't you be weirded out? I mean come on, it's Fred!"
Ginny just rolled her eyes, "I support you one hundred percent." And at this, Hermione couldn't help but smile.
"Thanks, Ginny." Hermione quickly replied.
"So you do like him! Oh it's great! I could totally get you two talking some more if you'd let me!" Ginny yelled and Hermione covered her mouth, "not so loud! I need to go help Harry with the Tournament."
"Maybe Fred can help you help Harry!" Ginny yelled and then Hermione shushed her again.
"Ginny!" Hermione yelled and then shook her head, "Ginny, no way! I should push this crush thing away. It's Fred, he probably doesn't even think about me like that. He probably thinks of me as a little sister."
"Rubbish!" Ginny yelled, "Fred's my brother.. I saw the way he looked at you."
"He glanced at me Ginny." Hermione muttered, slight annoyance in her tone.
"He glanced and then quickly looked away when he saw you looking at him! Oh Hermione, for the Brightest Witch of Your Age, you're being pretty stupid!"
Hermione rolled her eyes and then got up, "If I don't help Harry, no one will." Hermione said before smiling at reassuring smile at Ginny before walking out of the Girls Dormitories, Ginny following close behind her.
Hermione sat down beside Harry, who looked over at her as she sat down, "Harry, you said the first task is dragons?" She asked, opening a book a skimming through the pages.
"Yes." Harry said, looking at the book she was reading. His glasses were once again broken so Hermione pulled out her wand, pointed it at his glasses and muttered, "Oculus Reparo." Harry smiled as his glasses were fixed once again by Hermione.
"Okay, I've definitely got to remember that one.." Harry muttered and then looked at the book, "It's a chapter about dragons... they can be protective.. nothing in hear on how to beat them!" Hermione had frustration in her voice.
"Calm down Granger." Fred said in a joking manner, but it easily made Hermione snap since she was nervous. "Oh shut it." She muttered, and Fred laughed with George.
Hermione glared at them and then her eyes lit up, "Accio!" She yelled, "ACCIO!!!" Hermione yelled, making everyone around her jump.
"Granger, are you talking about the Accio spell? That's 5th year magic!" George yelled.
"Oh, come on! I've already learned the spell! Standard book of spells chapter 9!" At this, Ginny smirked, seeing as Hermione was impressing Fred without knowing it.
Fred crossed his arms, "Well played, Granger.." Fred said with a smirk that almost made Hermione melt. She turned back towards her book, ignoring him. "Harry, I'll teach you the spell." Hermione stated.

It was time. The first tournament. Hermione was a nervous wreck.
She walked up to the curtain and slowly opened it, "Harry... remember...the key is to concentrate...after that you just have to.."
"Battle a dragon." Harry finished, and Hermione quickly tackled him with a hug after pushing through the curtains just to reach him.
Then a quick flash told her that Rita Skeeter had arrived.
Hermione slowly let him out of the hug and turned towards the flash and then glared at Rita.
"Young love.." Rita muttered, and her magic quill started writing for itself.
Hermione started to stomp up to her but quickly stopped when Dumbledore walked in. Hermione kissed Harry's head, "Good luck Harry...remember... concentrate." She walked out and headed for the stands, and sat beside Ron, Fred and George sitting on Hermione's side. Fred sat by Hermione and George next to Fred.
Ginny soon sat behind all of them, "They haven't started have the-" she started before the big horn sounded and the dragon was released.
Soon it was Harry turn and Hermione put her face into Ron's shoulder. She couldn't watch.
She heard people shouting for Harry so she had to look. And she was glad she did.
"YOUR WAND HARRY!!! YOUR WAND!!!" She yelled and saw Harry nod. Soon his broom came soaring towards him. Hermione wasn't paying attention so she put her face into Fred's shoulder, but she didn't know this. She smelled the circus... the scent she smelled with the love potion... Fred's scent... Fred stared at her for a minute and patted her on the shoulder. She hugged him, pretending she didn't know it was him. Fred could feel his cheeks flush. Her touch was so soft.
Ginny smirked behind them, "Fred, I have to talk to you after this."
Fred nodded and shrugged his shoulder and hugged Hermione back. He felt weird doing this, as he had always seen her as his sister, a Weasley without red hair, he didn't know if he wanted this...

Soon it was over and Hermione let go of Fred and ran to go find Harry. She grabbed Ron's hand and then started running towards the curtains and soon quickly found Harry. She quickly tackled him into a hug, "Oh Harry! You did it! You're alive!" Hermione smiled and then  kissed Harry's forehead, "Come on, let's get you cleaned up." Hermione muttered and grabbed Harry's hand.