chapter one

the room was a few degrees cooler than I remembered when I first fell asleep.

since it was earlier in the morning, my alarm should be going off soon, but I guess I beat it.

when my feet first touched the wooden floors, I flinched since it had a thin layer of cool air.

walking out and into the bathroom, I saw my mother pass by, so gave her a quick smile and a wave before opening and closing the mirrored door.

I did my morning routine, consisting of washing y face, brushing my teeth, showering, blow drying my hair & then straightening my hair & doing my makeup.

I quickly slipped on some light washed skinny jeans, a light blue t-shirt & then my white converse.

I grabbed my bag & phone.

finally, I was able to go downstairs to the kitchen. as I walked down the steps, I smelled the bitterly satisfying taste of the coffee boiling.

I smiled at the scent, but as I looked into the small kitchen, I found that my mother was nowhere to be found.

She's gone again, she always leaves this early.

My mother works at Eagles, so she has to go really early in the morning, and arrive back home at 8:00. Sometimes I wish she got home earlier, but having her here very little has made me very independent.

Sighing, I made a cup of coffee, and headed out the door with my bag slinging over my shoulder.

I walked outside & started my 2014 red & white mustang.. I got & started to drive to school.

once I arrived at school, my best friend Mai came running over to me.

" please come to the party tonight! please! " she begged.

Ashton Irwin, the most popular guy in school is throwing a party.

party's aren't really my thing, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I just stand there.

" why? I don't drink or smoke." I said as we walked in.

" because I want you to come! please! just this once! " she begged as I got my Spanish book out of my locker.

" gosh, alright. I'll go, but don't leave me. " I said.

I give in easy if you can't tell.

" yayy! I have this dre-"

" I'm wearing this." I cut her off.

she rolled her eyes & off we set for class.

school was boring as usual:/

I'm now waiting for Mai, she wanted to speak before we go to the party.

" hey! sorry I was late! let's go get ready, come to my house since your wearing that! " she said & we both drove to her house.

Mai lives in a normal house, 4 rooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen & living room.

we walked in & spent the next 4 hours getting her ready.

" we have 5 minutes until we leave, are you sure you don't wanna wear this dress? " she asked as she held up a tiny ass black dress.

" nope, I'm fine. let's go. " I said.

we took my car, I of course was stuck driving, Mai says she plans on getting drunk.

once we arrived, I parked on the street & Mai tugged me across the road.

we walked in, the music blaring lights flashing..

" Mai! " I said as I turned around, she's gone.

oh my gosh, no.

* cliff hanger *