'14' Hey, Mr. President... {Part Two}

Start from the beginning

"No, mom I can't do that to them, they're good people. They don't deserve what you're trying to do, especially not Katalina."

Kathryn muffled the scream that tore through her with one hand, throwing her phone across the room with the other and watching it smash into pieces on the wall. She pushed her hands through her hair, ignoring the sick feeling in her stomach as she paced the room. She was on her own now, she could deal with that, what she couldn't deal with is that girl stealing everything she held dear. She just wouldn't fucking allow it, dammit.

"Ms. Parker, its very nice to meet you, my name's Neil Shane." She turned to the person behind her smiling sweetly at him and shook his offered hand.

"Please, call me Kathryn." Oh, she would make that bitch curse the day she was born, even if it were the last thing she did.

'Jamie'(Don't hate her!)

"No, mom I can't do that to them, they're good people. They don't deserve what you're trying to do, especially not Katalina." I can't believe I ever agreed to help her, what the hell was I thinking? Wait, never mind I know what I was thinking, she had me believing that Katalina was playing Dominic for his money, god I am so stupid.

"Mom?" The line was dead and when I tried calling back it just kept ringing and ringing but she didn't pick up once. Great, now I've fucked up the one chance I had at helping Katalina and Richard. It wouldn't matter now if I told them what I'd been doing, I don't think anyone can stop my mother now.

"What do you mean you won't help whoever the hell you were talking to? Do what to Kat? Jamie what the hell kinda shit are you into?"Shocked I turned to see Zane leaning on the door frame of my room glaring harshly at me.

"Um, I-um, its not what you think, Zane." He snorted at me and shut the door loudly behind him. He took one step forward and I backed away until my butt hit the dresser and he frowned.

"Are you scared of me, Jamie? You know what, it doesn't even matter. What the hell did you do to Kat?"

"Its not what she did, Zane. Its what our mom is planning on doing." My breath comes out in a rush at the sound of Dominic's voice and for once I may actually be glad he interrupted what was going on with me and Zane. I didn't want to fight with him, hell I liked him too much to argue with him, I'd probably give him whatever he wants and that isn't good.

"What the hell do you mean?" He asked, well rather demanded, his voice rising slightly. I shot Dominic a panicked look and he sighed.

"How about you two go somewhere else and talk about this, alright? Katalina doesn't need this right now, please Zane. I'll tell her everything tonight, just let me do it, alright?"

"You better or I swear to god I will kill you. Come on, let's go before I change my mind." He stalked from the room, waiting at the top of the stairs.

"Wait, what are you gonna tell Kat when she asks where we are?" I asked Dominic as he literally pushed me out of the room and towards Zane.

"I'll tell her you guys went out on a date, she'll get a kick outta that." Well, fuck me, I'm sure she will. I just wonder how she'll take it when she finds out the truth.

'Katalina'

Its been three days since that reporter showed up here and since then I've been followed everywhere. I mean everywhere, even to the damn restroom, isn't there a law against that or something? I just want to be left alone, I want to curl up in my bed with Dominic and worry about my dad, but I can't. Matt and Kyle have literally dragged me out of the house at any chance they get, saying that they refuse to be friends with a hermit lady. I'm not a hermit lady, I just don't want to deal with people asking me questions that I have no idea how to answer.

Usually all I have to do is call Richard and ask him what to do, hell usually there's never anyone asking questions. Except of course those that actually know but there are very few of them. But that doesn't make any of this any easier. Dominic's hired a private investigator to look into Richard's disappearance, where as the public is concerned he's just taking an extended vacation. If I were anyone else I would have bought it, I would like to buy into it now, but I know differently. He wouldn't just go off on vacation and not tell me, would he?

"Kat, I think maybe you should watch this." Kyle's voice pulled me from my inner mind babble to the TV in front of us. Zane had talked Jamie into going out somewhere, Dominic was upstairs trying to get Casey to go to sleep and Matt was in the kitchen cooking something.

"Watch what?" He shushed me and I glared, throwing a pillow at him.

"Damn, now is not the time for you to act like yourself again. Shush up and watch the TV." I rolled my eyes at his nervous face and turned towards the TV, which was currently on CNN.

"Welcome back, I am Neil Shane and as promised we have the Vice President's publicist here in studio to answer all the questions about his supposed secret love child. Kathryn, who is this girl? Is she just some crazed fanatic or is she really Richard's daughter?"

Kathryn's smile was menacing and her first words made my heart drop so far I'm surprised it didn't fall right out of my body. "The girl is not the Vice President's daughter, honestly Neil I've had to double security to keep her away. She seems to think that he dead mother had an affair with Richard when she was still alive and now she's demanding money for him not being around when she was little."

I blinked, what the hell is the woman talking about? I've never demanded anything from Richard and he comes here, I don't go to where ever he is. Oh, no I can feel the tears coming, why do I always cry lately? I mean come on, I'm more pissed than upset so why am I crying?

"Wow, I'm guessing this girl is very messed up. Do you happen to know who it is?" Oh god, please no, please don't let her tell them my name.

"Yes, actually her name's Katalina Daniels and we're currently working on getting a restraining order, to keep her away from Richard."

"Katalina Daniels? Wait, I think I heard somewhere that she's dating your son Dominic? Is that true?" I could see Kathryn's teeth grinding at the question, but that evil little smile never moved. And what the hell did he mean Dominic's her son? What the fuck, that doesn't make sense, does it?

"Yes, unfortunately she has my son wrapped around her little finger. She's actually convinced him to not let me see my grandson anymore, can you believe it?" I can't watch anymore, I can't see the lies coming from her mouth. I think I'm going to be sick.

"Turn it off, Kyle." That wasn't my voice that said it but I was grateful that Dominic had even if I don't really want to see him at the moment. "NOW, Kyle. I think she's heard enough."

Kyle was frozen on the couch watching me, Matt standing in the doorway but I just didn't care. "Seen enough!? That bitch is your mother!? What the hell else aren't you telling me, Dominic!?" I yelled at him, briefly wondering if I'd woken Casey up.

"Nothing, you know everything else." He opened his mouth to say more but I cut him off.

"Right, how the hell can I believe that? Don't even start alright, just keep your damned mouth shut alright?" I stormed past him, up the stairs, quieting down when I walked past the room Casey was sleeping in and slammed the door to my room shut behind me.

Was I being childish? Maybe. I should probably just go back down there and demand he explain all of this to me, but I don't know if I want to know. Too many things have gone wrong lately and I don't think I can handle much more of this. I wonder if he knew what his mother was planning on doing? Oh god, what if he knew, what if he was just using me for her? Great, now I fee like shit, just fucking great. Why is my life so screwed up? I mean its not fair, I didn't do anything to deserve this, that I'm aware of. Why me?

Like it? Hate it? Comment & Vote