In Paris, the first incredible love story

Your grand-grand-mother was born in 1980, in Paris. Nothing would have leaded us to imagine that, thirty years later, she would move to New Zealand following the love of her life. From a really normal family, Anne grew up with love and support. Surrounded by music, films, literature, the young Anne developed an accurate sense of beauty and how to create something special and meaningful to someone's heart.

"How could I describe more your grand nana?

- What was she like at my age? What did she look like?

- Oh babe! She was a lot like you!!"

Indeed, Anne and Sacha looked a lot alike: two little blond head with an amazing smile and the same impudence and candidness of the heart. Both didn't care about the laws of the society, and in a way, Marie was amazed about this resemblance as the days went by. Sometimes, she saw so much of her mother in Sacha even if her mother never knew her grand-child. It was disturbing. But Anne didn't share the same childhood.

In Paris, her father was a History teacher and her mother directed the head of fashion department for Vogue France. How did these two meet you might want to know? It was quite unexpected. Véronique was buying her ordinary café when Grégoire saw her. He never had met a woman so stunningly beautiful. She was an apparition in Grégoire's life, with her big curly red hair and perfectly white two-piece. It was unusual in the 70s to see such a young woman not wearing a hippie outfit, even in Paris. Instead, the fantasy was the two piece ensemble: a white suit composed by a flared pant and a blazer, and under the blazer, an emerald green velvet shirt. She looked absolutely amazing and any man would have looked at her with envy. But when her eyes crossed pass Grégoire's, she didn't see lust but a soft and tender gaze. It was the first time a man looked at her that way. Not knowing how to respond, she left. In the following weeks, it began it be a little ritual between them: the gazes, the smiles and finally, a shared table and long conversations over a coffee. They slowly felt in love and with the months, they decided to commit.

It was the first time the both of them felt that way about another human being. And it scared them. Véronique had known a few love stories but never felt the need to commit to a man, maybe because she feared to be heartbroken. Grégoire, on his part, had only knew one woman with who he wanted to spent his life until she left him for another man : he never fully recovered from the treason. So when he met Véronique, he never expected to fall in love so instantly and deeply with her. Their first talk was the simplest one: a man meet a woman and start to know her, her passions and all. Then, it grew on them, deep conversations about how to live, for what and what with. Their different backgrounds didn't help them to get along but it never broke them, even after the multiples arguments they had. Love was stronger than they wanted to admit and no matter what they did, they couldn't keep away from each other.

Months passed and after two years of relationship, Grégoire asked Véronique to marry him. She accepted and moved in with him, and a few days after, they did what no one could have imagined: they eloped. Rumors started to take forms about the reasons why they would not have a special day with their families and friends. People started saying that they lived a married-life already and that Véronique was pregnant, which should have shown in a white gown. But the truth was that neither of them wanted to impose to their couple the ceremony. They had in mind a small private event, but decided to prefer their vision to the one's of hundreds of guests and families. The ceremony happened in a small chapel in Naples, followed by a honey moon across the Mediterranean Sea. They felt like the all world was at their feet and never wanted to leave.

"Je t'aime Véro. J'ai tellement de chance de t'avoir rencontré... Tu es la femme de ma vie.

- Je t'aime aussi Greg. Mon homme, mon mari, mon amant."

It was under those moonlights and this passion of the hearts that Anne was created: a child born in love and with so much mystery around the wedding of her parents.