Chapter 6: Tenebris

Start from the beginning

"Because... Oh I can't focus right now! I'll tell you later! Now make yourself useful and put this on the lacerations!" he shook his hands in the hair and tossed the bowl to you. You juggled it for a bit then finally caught it, flashing Hoseok daggers as you went to V's side. You dipped your fingers into the mess and began wiping it onto Tae's cuts. He grunted and took a deep breath between his teeth,

"Hoseok, why not wait until Yoongi gets home?" he flinched away from your hand as you went for the cuts around his neck.

"Why? You don't think I can do this?" Hoseok hissed, rummaging through yet another book.

"Like you said; it's been awhile since you performed an exorcism and a healing spell." Taehyung glanced at him amidst the papers and plants.

"Shush! You're distracting me!" Hoseok pointed in the air behind the book, demanding silence. You looked at V and the both of you rolled your eyes.

"I'm going to die. He's going to mess up and I'm going to die." Taehyung said dramatically, turning his head away from you as if he was in some kind of TV drama.

"Oh sheesh. Stop being a baby." you muttered, going for the cuts on his chest. He squirmed away,

"Noooo... That hurts too much, Y/n..." he whined, flashing you puppy dog eyes. You narrowed your eyes,

"Man up." you deadpanned and began putting the ointment on. He hissed and twisted but then relaxed, letting you do your 'job' that Hoseok gave you. You glanced back at the Sin of Sloth,
"You want to tell me why we're preparing an exorcism?" you whispered.

"Uuuuhhhhh..." V looked around the room absentmindedly, "Nope."

"Come on!" you hissed, giving him a light slap on the arm, "What's going on? You knew who those guys were back there! Also, what was up with that weird shield thing that just came out of nowhere and protected us?!"

V opened his mouth to speak,
"Ok! I got it! I know what to do!" Hoseok suddenly piped up, shutting down your conversation. He scurried over to where you were by V, "So! Miss Y/n, you're good to stand here and look pretty, ok? I'll handle the rest." he pushed you over to the corner of the room by the door. You scoffed,

"Really? I'm not a complete helpless doofus." you grumbled, folding your arms and leaning against the wall. Hoseok flashed you a suddenly serious look,

"Yes really. Now stay quiet and watch... On second thought, maybe you don't want to watch, these things can get pretty ugly..." he turned back around and raised his arms. You squirmed and prepared for the worst, looking away from what he was doing.

V could die.

The possibility suddenly sank in and you felt your heart drop into your stomach.
'Oh stop it, Y/n! You barley know these guys! Why are you so worried about them?!' you mentally scolded yourself.

Before you could think over the question, an evil presence seemed to enter the room.

As if someone had slammed them shut, the doors to every cabinet and closet was suddenly violently closed. The curtains to the windows came down and closed up tight. A gust of unknown wind picked up and it was suddenly pitch black. Confused, you blinked rapidly, trying to figure out what had happened to the light. Then, a single lit candle appeared out of the darkness, then another, and another until seven candles were lit and floating around the room.

Floating.
Candles.

You pressed your back into the wall, transfixed and terrified at what was happening. Hoseok's form was dimly illuminated by the candles soft glow but something about the ways the candles cast shadows across him created a ghastly effect. With his arms outstretched still, he seemed to have grown taller and more ridgid, his outline becoming sharper. On his forehead, you thought you could make out a pair of long, curled horns.