Prologue

White.

It was all white, everywhere. The walls, the ceiling even the floor was white as far as the eye could see. You couldn't call it a room. It felt like outer space, yet white. It felt like walking on solid ground, but nothing was underneath. There was no colour in the place except for white.

It felt cold under her feet which surprised her. But it was getting hotter, little by little. She felt as she was not supposed to feel every bit of it, but she did. The heat came to a kind of luke warm, when black spots appeared in the horizon, like a starry sky. 

The spots came closer and closer, just like the heat under feet grew warmer and warmer. The closer the spots came, the more clear it became. They looked like photos. At first they were indistinct but as they came closer she could see faces, of different people. There was an itch in the back of her mind that she should know them. She reached into her mind, but there was nothing. It felt oddly empty.

She pushed the feeling to the back of her mind, and instead looked around her. One showed a man, woman and a girl exploring through a forest. She knew that the girl in the picture was her, but she had no memory of it.

She went to the picture on her right. The same three people were in the photo. This time they were playing at a beach. She looked around again. There were a hundred, a thousand pictures around. She looked back to the picture in front of her and raised her hand. Just as she was about to touch it, it started to move fast horizontally to the front. She stayed there shell shocked.

All of a sudden she felt a sudden horror inside of her. She felt as if she had to protect them. She tried to run after them. But they were moving at lightening speeds. She ran and ran until she saw a picture right in front of her. There were three extra people other than the first three. It looked like a family photo. She could say that this was special and she wanted to protect it more than any other. She wanted to hug her to her chest and never let go. But her bubble popped and it started to move as fast as the others. She ran and ran until she could no more.

She finally stopped her hands on her knees, bending down, breathing heavily. She looked back up to see the picture a black speck among others. She fell to the ground hugging her knees to herself, crying silently. She didn't know why but she felt this huge sadness and emptiness inside of her. The ground, or what passed for it was now ice cold, devoid of any warmth.

The white around her brightened like a light until she couldn't even see her hands in front of her. The light finally drowned her sending her to the absolute bliss. She let sleep overcome her. Giving into the darkness. After the white it was nothing but comfortable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 524

Date published: 26/12/2018

So this was the prologue. I know that it's short and probably doesn't make sense, but you'll be able to guess what it is and understand after the first few chapters. Hope that you enjoy the story!

Love yourself and everyone close to your heart!

-CPR🎶-