Michael Gray

You looked up from the document you were writing after Michael cleared his throat. "Yes?" He was leaning back in his office chair behind his desk and you couldn't help but admire him. "I want in." You gave him a confused look. "In on what?" "The family business." You chuckled and went back to writing. "Isn't that why Tommy hired you against Polly's expressed wishes?" There was silence for a few moments. "(Y/N)." You looked up at Michael and he stared back. "I want in on both of the family businesses." You raised an eyebrow in response. "Are you serious?" He didn't respond but his face remained serious. You put your pen down and placed your hands on the table. "Is it because of whatever happened when you went with them to that auction?" He didn't say anything. "Answer me." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I am a member of this family. And I want to see this family succeed in both businesses." You stared at him. "Tommy won't let you. Because of Pol." "I'm fucking 18. I can make my own decisions without her consent." "True, but Tommy will keep in mind what happened the first time you were taken from her. I mean Christ, you should have seen her when you got dragged out of the house by the coppers. If something were to happen to you again, she would be beside herself." Tension filled the room and you bit your lip. You stood up and walked over to his desk; you placed your hands on the edges and leaned in a bit. "I'll wager a bet. 2 bob says Tommy won't let you join, using Polly as an excuse." Michael leaned forward and your faces were inches apart. "2 shillings and dinner with me says that Tommy let's me in." You smirked. "Deal." You walked back to your desk and took a seat in your chair. "When did Tommy say he would be back?" Michael asked and you shrugged. "I've learned to not ask Tommy questions. He won't answer them anyway." Michael lit a cigarette and you watched as he took a drag. You shook your head and went back to work.
———————————————
The sun had set long ago and you were starting to doze off in your chair. You opened your eyes when you felt something being placed on you. You saw that Michael had placed his jacket across your lap and you gave him a smile before dozing off again. The next time you woke up, it was to the main door closing. You looked over and saw Michael had passed out at some point; you turned when you heard footsteps and watched as Tommy stormed in. You quickly sat up and decided to not say anything, in fear of worsening his already sour mood. You watched him kick Michael's desk, causing him to wake up and look around. When he saw Tommy, he cleared his throat and stood up. "Tommy, I want to make real money." "I'm not giving you a raise if that's-" "I want in." Tommy stopped at the entrance to his office and turned around. "What?" Michael quickly looked to you and then back at Tommy. "I said, I want in on the Peaky Blinders." Tommy looked over at you and you stood up. "(Y/N). What do you say?" They both were staring at you now and you felt a blush spread on your cheeks. "I think that's entirely your decision, Tommy." He smirked and Michael gave you a look. "Polly won't like it." Tommy said before lighting a cigarette and taking a drag. "I'm 18. I make my own choices." Tommy took a drag. "Well then, welcome to the Peaky Blinders." Tommy said before putting his hand out; Michael took it and shook his hand. You rolled your eyes and grabbed your belongings. "I believe you owe me 2 shillings and a dinner." Michael said from beside you. You rolled your eyes and handed him his jacket. You dug 2 shillings out of your purse and handed them to him. He smirked and placed them in his pocket. "Thank you. Now let me walk you home." You smiled and blushed as you felt his hand lightly press against your lower back, guiding you towards the door.