155.2

When they arrived at Emerald Restaurant, Wei Luo held Zhao Jie’s hand for support as she came out of the carriage.

It was currently late in the evening and Emerald Restaurant was packed with people. The manager of the restaurant personally led Zhao Jie and Wei Luo up the stairs and into a private room.

Wei Luo was wearing a lilac, gauzy dress embroidered with plum blossoms. The dress was made of layer upon layers of cloth that was diaphanous as a cicada’s wing. When she wore it, it felt as she walking through clouds. Although it was beautiful, it wasn’t convenient to walk upstairs in this dress. Wei Luo had to lift up the skirt as she walked and couldn’t see the staircase. A moment of carelessness and she ended up stepping on empty air. She started to fall forward.

Zhao Jie promptly reached out to catch her. One hand held her shoulder and the other hand supported her waist. In a helpless tone, he said, “Why can’t you walk properly?”

Wei Luo was only left startled, but not hurt. After she regained her footing, she twitched her mouth and said, “Who told you to not hold my hand? Why are you walking so quickly?”

Zhao Jie couldn’t help laughing. Two fingers tapped her forehead. “So you’re saying it’s my fault?”

Wei Luo said, “You’re the one that said it.”

Zhao Jie looked at her and didn’t lower himself to argue with this little fellow. As they continued walking upstairs, he stretched his hand out and said, “Little great aunt, let’s go.”

Wei Luo curved her lips and placed her hand in his palm. Her pleased with herself smile said in shining words, “Good, you’re being sensible now.”

However, just as they reached the second floor, Wei Luo almost stopped smiling.

Song Hui was standing near the top of the stairs. He was wearing a light brown woven robe with a plum blossom pattern. His hair was gathered up into a jade guan hat. He stood across from them and his gaze fell on Wei Luo. He had probably seen what had recently happened.

(T/N: Below is a picture of a jade guan hat.)

Wei Luo’s smile froze

Wei Luo’s smile froze. A long time later, she finally said, “Older brother Song Hui.”

Since they had seen each other, it would be rude to not greet him. Wei Luo still felt guilty toward Song Hui. Because of her prejudice, she had sentenced him to a capital punishment in her heart early on. From the very beginning, she believed that a relationship with him wasn’t possible. She had delayed Song Hui’s marriage for several years. It had been wrong of her to wait until their families were discussing the wedding date to say she wanted to cancel their engagement.

Song Hui returned to her senses and lightly smiled. He walked closer to Wei Luo and Zhao Jie and said, “What a coincidence that we would meet here.”

Wei Luo asked, “Older brother Song Hui, did you come here to eat also?”

As they were talking, Zhao Jie squeezed the palm of Wei Luo’s hand without changing his expression. Although he didn’t use much force, Wei Luo still shrunk back for a moment.