Chapter 8

Adam Watsons's POV 

I sighed as I walked off from the meeting room. The meeting was so boring that I almost dozed off in the room. I rushed into my office and my temporary assistant, Olivia walked with me too. She stood in front of me while I sat on my seat.  

"Sir, Miss Victoria Strauss has waited for you last 30 minutes." She said with a straight look. This woman is no fun and that is why I still can't let her be my assistant.  

"Let her come here right now." I said sternly. She walked off from my room and I sighed. My heart beats so fast and my palms are sweating. I can't be nervous. I need to look cool in front of my queen. I tapped my fingertips on the table as I waited for my queen. I glanced at my watch and it showed 9.45 a.m. My queen must be tired waiting for me. My eyes immediately went to the door as it opened by somebody. It was Olivia and my queen at her back. My queen is wearing glasses today and it makes her look cuter! 

"Sir, she's here." Olivia said and bowed to me before she walked off my office. I grinned as my queen's eyes landed on me. Her eyes were filled with shock, curiosity and amusement when she stared at me. I got up from my seat and walked towards her. She keeps walking backwards until she was leaned on the wall. I slammed my palms on the wall trapping her in the spot. She looks flustered and whimpered at my sudden reaction. 

"I miss you, my queen." I said as I leaned my face to the crook of her neck. I sniffed her lavender scent that I loved so much and kissed her neck softly. I still can see the bite mark that I claimed yesterday on her neck. She shut her eyelids and squirmed at the closeness.  

"Please, don't hurt me. I'll give you anything... just don't hurt me." 

She whimpered with a tear on her beautiful eyes. I was flustered. She was crying? Why? Did I hurt her? I stepped backwards as I was worried that she will cry more.  

"I-I'm sorry, my queen. I didn't mean to hurt you." I stuttered and hugged her. She was sniffing on my chest. I smoothed her back trying to comfort her. I kissed at the top of her head and sniffed her hair's scent. She became calmer after a while in my arms. She pushed my chest away from me and wiped her tears.  

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't be like this." She said as she backed away from me. I sighed and ruffled my hair. I sat back to my seat and stared at my queen. She is back to her normal self. I cleared my throat before I started to speak. 

"I want you, Victoria Strauss to be my assistant from now on. You'll be switch with Olivia, the one who brought you here." I said in a stern voice. She nodded her head slightly. I gulped as I watched her cherry pink lip moved forming a coy smile. 

"Excuse me but how did I got this job? I'm sure that I didn't leave any resume." She said staring straight into my eyes. Her brown eyes sparkled and I was drowned by it. God, I want her so bad. I snapped from my thought as my queen cocked her head. 

"Uh... I have your resume from someone. She asked me to choose you as my assistant since I just fired my assistant." I lied to her.  

"Oh... thank you for choosing me, sir. I'll never disappoint you." She said determinedly and excusing herself to walk off my office. I sighed and got up from my seat. I paced around my office trying to think what I should do now to make my queen mine forever. Yes, I am going to make her fall for me but how?! Women always have thrown themselves to me but I never try to thrown myself to them. I am a precious gem after all.  

I flinched as my phone rang on my table. I grabbed my phone and slide the screen to answer the call. It is from my mom again. 

"Hi, mom." 

"Hi, son. Did you found her already?" she said still hoping that I found the woman. I smiled and breathed in. 

"Yes. I have found her already." I said while grinning happily. I am planning to introduce my queen to her after she had fallen for me.  

"WHAT! I can't believe it! My daughter-in-law!"My mum screamed in joy. I flinched as her scream hurts my eardrum.  

"Who is she? When will you introduce her to our family? How did you meet her?" My mom said continuously and she coughed at the last word. I chuckled and shook my head. Mom can be very funny too.  

"Mom, I'm still working on to make her mine." I half whispered to my mom. I may sound childish right now but I am always being my own self when I am with mom. The childish and naughty self, that's right! 

"Good luck, son! Make sure to make her fall for you hard, okay?" I nodded and bid goodbye to my mum. For the first time, she is the one who hung up the call first.  

I sat down on my seat and grinned. I am in a good mood to do anything today. I looked at a pile of files that I need to sign on my table. How is my queen doing right now? Is she safe there?  

I need to control myself. I can meet her again in lunch time so I need to finish all these files and have fun with my queen.

******************************************************************* 

I smiled as I signed the last file. I got up and walked out from the room as I finished my work. I grabbed my sunglasses and my phone tucking it into my pocket. I went to the assistant room where my queen is and decided to ask her for a lunch. I assumed that Olivia had leave the room and back to her real job.  

As I walked in the room, I was disappointed as I saw my queen slept with her head on the table. I forgot to give her some work to do so she must be bored alone in this small room. I glanced at my watch and it showed 12.55 p.m. The lunch time will end at 1.15 p.m.  

I decided to lunch by myself. Maybe I can take her lunch together tomorrow. I can't interrupt her sweet nap.  

I stopped in front of the door as I was about to leave the room. I grabbed my phone and went to the camera. I snapped it as I got the right angle of my queen's picture. I smiled at her cute picture on my phone. Now I can control myself from missing her a lot.  

I walked out my building with a wide grin plastered on my face. Everyone in the building was looking at me weirdly today. What? Is there something wrong on my face?  

I put on my sunglasses as people were looking at me like I come from other planet and pulled out my usual cold look on my face in front of my employees.  

I am sure that my queen is hungry right now. I should buy her food but what will are they?