A Christmas Wedding

A/N: This is a sequel to my Advent 2016 story, Secret Santa, where Regina received mysterious gifts until learning they were from her best friend and the man she secretly loved, Robin. Let's see how those two crazy kids and their kids are doing...

A Christmas Wedding

Most brides probably would've panicked upon waking up to snow on their wedding day. When one got married on Christmas Eve, though, it was a welcome sight. It added to the magic of the day, creating the perfect backdrop for the happy couple to exchange vows.

At least, that was what Regina Mills thought as she stared out the window at the white snow blanketing the ground as more fell from the gray sky overhead. She watched the flakes dance around in the wind as she sat in a room at Prentiss Manor, an elegant mansion in Storybrooke and a historic site mostly used for grand events like her wedding. Even through the closed door, she could hear the string quartet playing to accompany their wedding party down the aisle.

It was almost time.

"You excited, Mom?" Henry asked her. She turned to face her son, who was standing behind her in the room. Almost thirteen, he looked very grown up w in his black tuxedo and silver cummerbund with a white rose pinned to his lapel. His brown hair was gelled back and she knew it was probably a look he was going to adopt as he headed into his teen years. It wasn't a bad one...it was just another reminder that he wasn't her little boy anymore.

Today, though, wasn't a day to be melancholy about the past. It was a day to be happy, to celebrate the present and look forward to the future. Even if it meant one with a teenager. Because it also meant one with a bigger family and a home full of love.

"I am," she said, taking his hand. "How about you?"

He smiled, nodded. "We've been a family with Robin and Roland for so long, I know this is just a formality but it still feels exciting."

She wrapped her arms around him, holding him close. "It is exciting. This isn't just a formality. This is a celebration of the fact we're a family. So let's celebrate."

"Okay, Mom," he said, hugging her back. "I love you."

"I love you too," she replied, holding him close a little bit longer.

They then pulled apart as the door opened. Tink, her assistant even on her wedding day, smiled at them. "We're ready for you."

Regina nodded, smoothing down her skirt. The soft white organza material went down to her ankles, leaving her silver heels visible. She had debated wearing white again as it was her second marriage but once she stepped into the bridal boutique, she knew she wanted to wear it. It would symbolize their fresh start.

Her dress had a narrow A-line skirt with a sweetheart bodice. Sparkly silver snowflakes were embroidered into the bodice, adding to the winter feel. Regina paired it with a white faux-fur half-cape that wrapped around her shoulders and upper arms, held closed by a rhinestone encrusted clasp that rested just below her neck. Her dark curls were loose, falling around her shoulders, and a few pieces were pulled away from her face, pinned in the back by the jeweled clip of her tulle veil. It went to her midback—she didn't need anything too long. As she had stared at herself in the mirror that morning, she thought she was the perfect Christmas bride.

"You look beautiful, Regina," Tink said, beaming at her. "Robin's mouth is going to hit the floor when he sees you."

"Then it'll be a normal morning," Henry quipped, making Regina laugh. Robin told her she was beautiful every day, even when she didn't feel particularly beautiful. It was one of the many things she loved about him.