𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

Start from the beginning

We haven't even been here for 24 hours yet and he's already leaving me here alone?

I went to go rinse off the mask in the bathroom then went back to his room to put on a pair of his sweats, which at this point were mine now.

His mom was down in the kitchen when I got there, seasoning the turkey. She's really pretty, we got in late last night so I didn't get to meet her.

"Hi" I said nervously walking into the kitchen

She looked up and smiled before looking back down at the turkey.

"good morning" She said

"morning. I'm Micaiah"

"I know who you are sweetie, my son won't stop talking about you. mom I think he's the one, mom I love him, mom he's..." She said mimicking him which caused me to laugh

"is there anything I can help with?" I asked

"uhh no, I'm just seasoning the meat so it'll be good on Thursday. I like to let the seasoning sit for a while before cooking"

"yeah my grandmother does that too" I nodded

I offered to do the dishes, which she was hesitant about at first but then allowed me. As I did that we talked a little about school, Masai, his childhood. She told me a bunch of cute little stories of when he was younger. We ended up sitting down at the island and talking about us over some coffee. I don't even drink coffee like that but I didn't want to be rude.

"I hope I'm not the center of conversation" Masai said walking into the kitchen with tons of grocery bags

I didn't even hear the front door open.

"we were just talking about how Micaiah's dad used to make music" She lied

"yeah uh huh. you tryna embarrass me? because there ain't nothing embarrassing that I haven't told him yet" He said coming behind me and wrapping his hands around me

"oh so he knows how you used to go in my closet and—"

"okay so when's dinner?" He interrupted

His mom and I started laughing while he mimicked us. If only my family could've been like this with him, I know they woulda liked him.

present

"alright let's make this quick, we only got an hour at the hotel before we have to leave for the port" My dad said

"what about uncle Jakob and Ron?" Storm asked

"—and grams and Shay?" I added

"their flight arrives in 45 minutes or so. they'll just have to meet us there. look out for your bags"

My dad's spent a lot of money on this trip, considering that he paid for everyone—even Masai—so he's stressing for it to be perfect. And my father always goes all out so you already know we're staying in the suites which isn't cheap. Uncle Jakob paid for himself and Ronnie though.

In fifteen minutes we all had our bags and were waiting outside for our individual Ubers since there were so many of us. If only you witnessed the apartment this morning, looked like the beginning of Home Alone where everyone was running around. Masai and I woke up the latest since we went to sleep very late. We got back from school at 1am and didn't go to sleep 'til 4am because Masai was feeling very...excited.

Taylor, Yasmin, Masai and I were all in one Uber while the others took two other cars. My dad only got one hotel room since we were only spending literally an hour there. We technically won't even be in there since we're spending most of that hour at IHOP. It made no sense to even get the room but my dad didn't want us lugging 10 suitcases and carry-on's to IHOP.