part 3 of 4

the project was well on its way. it was probably the only one they'd committed to doing so eagerly; not that they wanted to do it anyway. "let's just finish it early and then we don't have to do anything over break" layla had said. and so it's what they had stuck with.

it was the friday of the party and every kid in college seemed to have been invited. it's all anyone was talking about and herrie wasn't impressed.

"i told you we weren't important!" she complained to layla as they leant close to her dressing table mirror doing their makeup, "they've literally invited everyone in our year, AND the year 13's."

layla stopped doing her makeup mid-stroke of mascara and turned to glare at herrie. "get a grip, asswipe."

herrie smacked her. "heeey!"

"if nothing comes out of this party, at least try get a snog with a hottie." layla suggested.

"me? nah. you go get 'em sexy."

"just promise you'll at least try and have a good time, herrie?"

herrie squished layla's cheeks together, forcing her to pout. "okay, for you!" a relieved expression lightly covered layla's face. good.

they jumped into layla's four-by-four and set off to the address they'd been given.

they'd got dressed into their new outfits and wore the same shoes as they'd tried them on with. "these shoes or these?" layla asked before leaving the house, one shoe from each pair on her feet.

herrie giggled, "go like that!" she laughed again, "no, uhh... the black ones."

they pulled up to the address they'd be given by a classmate, seeing as though the guy who's birthday it was forgot to tell them. it was a mansion - literally a mansion.

a huge drive with a fountain at the bottom. a large white structure with pillars supporting the front balcony. palm trees stood still as they lined the outskirts of the property.

layla parked the car further down the street to the located party, far from eggs and toilet roll and sick. they slowly wandered down the gravel drive, arm locked in arm.

"hey lou, i'm kinda excited now." herrie admitted out of the blue.

"ayy!" layla said, jabbing herrie gently in the ribs, "that's my girl."

my girl.
-
after entering the double doors, the pair were swarmed with drunk guys and girls grinding on one another.

"i hate it when they do that." herrie murmured into layla's ear as they pushed their way into the living room.

there were three large sofas - all turned in to face each other - with a glass table in the middle. lads were positioned on the backs of the sofas, on the arms, under girls. a huge chandelier hung above them, the crystals shining from the glinting light of the moon through the glass roof.

"woah." herrie slipped out of her mouth.

a year 13 turned around to face them, a devilish, excited look plastered over his smug face. "come join us." he spoke, patting his lap.

"i am not sitti-"

"shut up." layla interrupted, elbowing herrie in the ribs again.

layla carefully placed herself on the arm rest next to the boy who collared them. he slipped his arm around her side and a mighty jolt of pain struck through herrie's chest. ow.

herrie, in envy and frustration, walked to stand next to layla. she perched on the arm rest too; in between layla's legs. she reached back and run her hand down layla's leg as she smiled and glanced at the year 13.