11: Christmas

Peter's pov

'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the Avengers tower, the avengers were angry with each other and a fun game of charades had turned sour.

"Oh my god, Barnes, it's obvious!"
"Wilson, you look like you're constipated!" Sam and Bucky argued.
"You're both crap at this game anyway." Nat added.
"Says you, Nat." Pops laughed only to receive an evil glare from auntie Nat. In my few months of knowing her, I had learned that she can be loving and compassionate but scare the living daylights out of you if she's in a bad mood.

Thor and Loki has returned to Asgard last week so the tower was a bit quieter than usual and Wanda and Vision had gone on holiday to Lapland for Christmas. Also, uncle Clint and Scott had gone home to their own families for Christmas leaving just Dad, Pops, Bruce, Nat, Sam, Bucky, Rhodey, and I.

Pops insisted on playing a game the night before Christmas because it was 'important that we all spend time with each other' which I myself don't mind. However, he did get some retaliation from the avengers. Everyone thought it would be best for Bruce to sit out this game because the competitive environment could be stressful for him. Rhodey decided to keep him company.

We were in teams. Nat, Bucky, and Sam against Pops, Dad, and I. The game started off pretty well but went downhill very quickly once it was Sam and Bucky's turn. But then again that happens with most games that we play. Last week, we were playing Mario kart when Sam lost to Bucky and through his remote at the 146 inch tv. Dad was pissed. I, on the other hand, thought it was hilarious.

Although I love family time with the avengers (which is still the coolest thing ever), I don't get to spend much time being Spider-Man. I thought with it being the Christmas break and all that I would be able to spend more time Spider-Maning but apparently not. We broke up for Christmas vacation sand since then I have been shopping thrice (once with dad, once with pops, and once with Nat who insisted on me going with her to buy stuff for the rest of the avengers), decorated a gingerbread house, played 6 games of monopoly (which all ended in tragedies thanks to Sam and Bucky), and played charades.

I must say that family is exhausting.

I had never believed in Santa Claus probably because my parents were dead before they could tell me all about Christmas traditions and uncle Ben and aunt May could never afford presents which was fine by me. At the orphanage, we all got one present each every year. Last year, I received an avengers suitcase (which I now find mildly embarrassing) and the year before that I received a sciences pun tshirt which I wore for a month straight. The point I'm trying to make is that this year, I don't necessarily need anything for Christmas because I have Pops and Dad which is all I could've ever asked for.

After the long game of charades, dad sent me to bed. I must admit I was very tired after the day I had. It had been so busy that it flew by and all of a sudden, it's... 11pm?

Dammit, it's only 11pm. I won't be able to sleep this early no matter how tired I am. Spider-Man it is. I grabbed the suit that dad had given me and headed out the window to my bedroom (that I remembered to leave open this time unlike when I had to go through Thor's bedroom window which would have been awkward if he woke up) and into the streets of New York.

Ahh the sound of life buzzing below me as I swing from building to building. People rushing home to their families for Christmas whilst others complete their last minute Christmas shopping.

I sat on top of a building in Queens (mainly because I know the area) and looked out on the city until I heard a crash from behind me. Dad had given me (well, Spider-Man) training on fighting criminals after I helped him with a mission not too long ago so I was prepared for anything that caused the noise.