Chapter 1: Love

"Lauren get up and get your lazy butt down here right now, or I swear I will drag you down these stairs!" Said by my oh-so very loving best friend, Alexis.

"Lex, I love you but if you continue to barge into my house every morning and eat my food and wake me up early, I will ban you and force you to turn in your key." I retort. I'm very cranky in the morning, I can't help it.

"Jeez. I'm sorry. I'm just super excited! I can't help it, Laur." She justifies, a little too cheery.

It's the first day of our senior year of high school. I can see how one may be a little excited given it is our last year in this prison they call school.

I, however, am most certainly not excited to be back. I'm so sick of seeing the same walls and halls I've walked through for the last four years. I could also live without seeing the same faces I've seen my whole high school career, give or take a few.

I snap out of my daze at the sound of Lexi's brother honking outside. I look out the window to confirm my previous statement, and surely enough, it is her older brother, Zach, pounding his fist into the steering wheel of his car like it's going to make a difference in our arrival.

We always take super long to get ready in the morning, especially the first few weeks of school. And by we, I mean me. Lexi is usually ready to walk out the door without me, by the time I start to open my eyes.

Needless to say, I'm not a morning person.

"Lex, I swear to god, you guys will be walking to school if Lauren doesn't hurry up and get her butt in this car, in the next 2 minutes." I over hear Zach say.

I clear my throat. "Zachary, must you always be so rude? Ladies take time to get ready, you yourself should know more than us, as you take more time to get ready than the average teenage girl."

Zach gives me the deadliest glare as my eyes meet his, and we hold eye contact for ages. Finally, he retreats, leaving me victorious, as usual.

"Alrighty, you win this round, Laur, but I'll get you next time." Zach says, and adds a wink, for good measure.

"Oh how precious! It thinks it will actually succeed." I tease.

I back away slowly as Zach gives me a dangerous look that says, I wouldn't if I were you, so I don't push it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we pull into the student parking lot, I'm hit with serious déjà vu. It feels like it was just yesterday that we got off the bus and set foot on this very campus for our first day of high school.

Suddenly, I hand waves in my face. I snap out of my trance to see my beloved bestie looking at me like I'm mentally insane...who's to say I'm not?

"Lau-ren?? Hellooo?! Earth. To. Lauren."

I swat her hand away. "I'm sorry, I was just reminiscing." As much as I hate to admit it, by the end of this school year, I am going to miss this place, and (some) of these people.

"Anyways...let's go check the cafeteria to see where our home rooms are! Don't wanna get lost on our last first day!"

I chuckle a little at her enthusiasm. "God I love you."

"I know. I'm kinda fond of you as well." She smiles before grabbing my hand and dragging me to the cafeteria windows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lexi and I had different homerooms, which wasn't surprising since our last names are nowhere near each other.

I enter my homeroom and I take a look around. I recognize a few people but I decide to sit in the back and get comfortable since I knew we'd be here a while.

Our homeroom teacher- mrs. Whoever (it's senior year. Screw remembering names)- was passing out schedules and going on and on about senior year, when I noticed someone slip into the classroom.

He has dark brown, curly hair. He wore a black leather jacket with a grey v-neck underneath, paired with some black ripped jeans, and red high top converse. (Similar to mine- which were purple high tops.)

I couldn't help but stare. I mean who wasn't staring at this beautiful creature that just walking into the classroom?

Of course, since I was trapped in my thoughts-like always- I didn't even notice that he had taken a seat, right next to me.

I looked over at him and he was staring at me. He smiled widely, teeth and all. Oh. My. God. His smile was perfection. He was perfection.

We held eye contact for a good 5 minutes straight, (btw his eyes were very green), til I broke it when mrs. Whoever said my name aloud and I raised my hand.

"Lauren? What a beautiful name." The voice next to me said.

I blushed at his compliment. "Why thank you-"

"Noah."

"Thank you, Noah."

"My pleasure, Lauren."

I loved the way his voice sounded so sleepy, as if he just woke up before entering the classroom. I loved the way he said my name. I loved the way he was looking at me right now.

"So, Lauren. What classes are you taking?"

I glanced down at my schedule before looking back up at his very green eyes. "Well it looks like I'm taking algebra 2, creative writing, english 4, chorus, marine science, U.S. history, and musical theater."

"Wait, did you say you're taking chorus?" He looked excited and surprised at the same time.

"Uh...yeah. I've been in chorus for years. Singing is my passion. Why?"

"I'm taking chorus as well. Although, sadly, we won't have the same class period since I'm pretty sure they split the men's and women's choirs, right?" What did he mean by 'sadly'?

"Y-yeah they always have, sadly."

"Hey, can I see your schedule for a second?" He asked and I nodded, handing him my schedule. Our hands-of course-brushed for a split second and I could tell that I wasn't the only one who noticed.

I could see a faint smile on his face, before he spoke again. "Well, would you look at that? It looks like we have U.S. history together, love."

Love? Love. Wow. It only took one word for me to completely explode.

I was speechless. I tried to speak but nothing was coming out of my mouth.

The bell rang and everyone started piling out. I slowly got up, still stunned by my confrontation with Noah. God, I even loved his name.

"So, I guess I'll see you in history?"

"Y-yeah. See you in history!" Finally. Words.

He held the door open for me and I exited the classroom. Before going our separate ways, he gave me a wink, and flashed his million dollar smile. And then he disappeared in the sea of teenagers.

Ahhhhh. I love how this story is starting off!! I was iffy about it at first, and it took me a while to finally finish the first chapter, but I did it! Hope you enjoyed it and stay tuned for the next chapter!