Chapter 23 - Birthday Wish

Beginne am Anfang

"Who?"

"That girl that kissed you?"

"Well she touched my chest and I backed up then she talked and kissed me, I pulled away as soon as I could but she had a hold on the collar of my shirt." I said.

"Well, El is crying and angry. And that isn't a good mix." He said.

"Do you think I should talk to her?"

"Not yet, maybe tomorrow or at the dance, that is if she is still going." Will shrugs.

"Maybe Max can get her to go still and I can ask her to dance, I can ask on the microphone! That way, she can't say no." I say happily.

"I can ask Max if she could?" Lucas says.

"That would be great." I say.

"But for now, we should go to bed." Dustin yawns and falls into his sleeping bag. We do the same a couple minutes later. Next thing I know, we are all asleep.

I was the first person to wake up, I look around and I can hear everyone snoring. Do I snore? I hope not.

Anyway, I turned my head to look outside but the window is fogged up. I wiped the window with my hand and looked outside. It was snowing really hard. Jeez, it's going to be like two feet of snow. I wonder what it looks like in Hawkins?

Dear god, I forgot that it's actually my birthday today... hopefully no one remembers.

I stretched my arms out and yawned. It's 5:30am, I didn't get much sleep at all. I decided to wake everyone up so we can get ready to leave. School starts in 3 hours.

"Wake up!" I shouted and they all sat up.

"What the flip? Mike!" Dustin yells at me, everyone else just laughs.

"What time is it?" Will asks me.

"It's 5:30 and we have to get ready to go home now so we can go to school. And if we miss school we can't go to the Snowball." I explain to them while they roll up there sleeping bags. Dustin rolls it up pretty poorly, well he doesn't really roll it up then just stuff it in the bag. "Who's going to wake up the girls?" I ask. They look at each other and have a silent conversation with there eyes.

"I'll go." Will sighs. "But if I walk in on them changing, I blame you guys." We laugh and Will walks out. I rolled up my sleeping bag and walked down to the kitchen to eat breakfast. Everyone was already down there, including she who must not be named. El was talking with Will and Max was by Lucas. I sat down next to Dustin.

"Hey, Dustin."

"Hey, Mike, we're going to leave after breakfast." He says.

"Okay, has El said anything?"

"Not really, she has only talked to Will." Of course, Will. I'll just ask him about there talk later.

We all finished breakfast and now we are putting our stuff in the van. Will made sure to sit next to Dustin so El would have to sit by me.

El got into the van and saw that the only empty seat was by me. She rolled her eyes and sighed, she threw herself down next to the seat next to me. Although she tried to scoot as far away from me as possible.

Lucas started to drive and Max played music.

"El, look at me." I say and she looks the other direction. "Come on El." She pulled out her phone. "El." I put my hand on her knee, she pushed my hand off. "El El El El El El El El El El El El El El El E—."

"Shut up!" She cuts me off, I stopped trying and thirty minutes later we were all home. El and I walked into our own houses. I quickly got dressed and rode to school. El's dad, Hopper, gave her a ride to school.

She walked into the school right as I was putting my bike in the wrack. I ran to catch up with her, it's going to be hard to not see her. Our lockers are right next to each other and we have the same classes.

"Hi,  El." I smile and she rolls her eyes. I should do something to make her smile. I shut my locker and turned to El. I pulled a strand of her shoulder length hair. "Bye, beautiful." She looked down at the ground and I walked away. I could make her blush anytime I want to.

*Time skip to English*

This is the one class where I don't get to sit next to El. But I do get to sit behind her. She put her hair up in a ponytail so I wouldn't be able to pull her hair, but I can pull her ponytail.

"Okay, class, pull out your book and read to chapter eleven. You will get the rest of class to read." Mr, Keery announces. Everybody pulls out there books and starts to read, as for me, I have a plan.

I tugged on Els ponytail which caused her head to pull back a little. She didn't look back at me like I had hoped. So I kicked the leg of her chair, she sighed and scooted her chair forward a little bit. But that didn't stop me. I ripped a little piece of paper out of my notebook and crumpled it up into a ball. I threw it at her head. She didn't look again, I threw some more at her and the last one got her mad.

"Stop it! Just stop!" She stood up from her chair and yelled at me. I smiled.

"Excuse me, El, what is your explanation for this interruption?" Mr Keery asked.

"He kept kicking my chair, pulling my ponytail, and throwing paper at me." She said to the teacher.

"Is that true, Mike?" He asked me, I nodded with a smirk. "Detention, both of you." El scoffed and sat down. "My class after school." He told us. I silently cheered in my head.

*After school*

I walked in the class and saw that El was already here.

"Hi, Princess." I smiled at her and she rolled her eyes. "Are you still going to the dance?" I ask her.

"Yes." She answer blankly.

"With me?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Mike you kissed another girl!" She spat at me. FYI the teacher wasn't here yet.

"I didn't kiss her! She kissed me! And I ended it the second it started!"

"Liar! I was there for five seconds before you even pulled away!"

"If you seen her kissing me, you would have seen that she had a grip on my shirt, so it took a little while for me to get out of her grip." I say.

"That's not the point, the point is that you kissed another girl."

"El, I'm sorry, what more do you want me to do?"

"Prove yourself."

"What do you mean?"

"Prove that you're actually sorry." She raised her eyebrows. I look right into her eyes and kissed her without her knowing. She pulled away and tried to hide her smile, but she failed terribly.

"You can't prove yourself by that." She licks her lips.

"Why not? It made you blush." I wiggle my eyebrows.

"Shut up."

"Will you at least go to the Snowball with me?"I plead.

"No." Her face looks like stone. She isn't showing any emotion.

"Please?"

"No."

"El, come on!"

"If I say yes, will you stop bugging me?" She says annoyed.

"Maybe, so is that a yes?"

"Only for your Birthday."

"Sooo... yes?"

"Yes."

"Okay." I say smiling, my birthday wish came true.

Every Breath You Take came on and I still cry... anyway, thank you for reading, please vote and comment! Stay tuned for the next chapter...