Trapped With Your Demons - Loki/Natasha OneShot.

I woke up drenched in sweat with tears streaming down my face. Just another dream, I told myself. Even when I was asleep I couldn't escape the nightmares of my past.

With the back of my hand I wiped the tears away and made my way towards the bathroom, which was connected to the room I had been assigned to on the 'Hellcarrier.' My heavy breathing steamed up the mirror in front of me as I glared at my reflection. A strange feeling welled up inside of me; it was like I did not recognise myself. I washed the unsettling feeling away with cold water.

Once changed, I pressed the small, black button next to the door before it slid open. I walked down the futuristic corridor. The echo of my footsteps was the only sound.

I jumped when a figure appeared from behind an open door.

"Agent Romanoff. I was just on my way to your room." Nick Fury paced towards me.

"Cell." I corrected him. He turned his head in confusion or impatience, I couldn't tell. Either way he brushed it off.

"I need you to watch Reindeer Games whilst I talk with Stark about some new gadget he wants to install to the security system." He explained as we walked.

I gritted my teeth. I would object but let's just say I owe this guy.

"So if you could make your way there now," he turned to face me, "That would be a big help." I looked him in the eye before walking ahead and taking a left, towards the prison.

"There are not many people who can sneak up on me." An all too familiar voice sneered, his back facing me. Goosebumps rose along my arms.

"Dinner." I raised a tray, walking towards the glass barrier. I pressed a button on the metal podium, which lifted the walls three inches off of the ground, enough for me to slide the tray through.

"Do I not get a face to face visit? I haven't had one of those in months." He dragged out the word, his lip curling at the end, creating a hissing sound which made the hairs on my neck stand on end. I heard a clatter as he kicked the tray of food to the other side of the cell. I started to walk away.

"Are you... Scared of me?" He let out a mocking huff. I froze. In a rush I stormed towards him, slamming down another button which opened the door fully. I watched his menacing smile grow as I approached him.

I stretched my back, trying to seem taller but it was no good. I was a full head shorter than him. His mouth opened, likely to say something 'smart', but I shoved his chest back, knocking the air out of him. He stumbled, almost falling.

He mumbled something inaudible before making a start towards me.

CRASH.

We both stopped. The cage started to plummet. I was slammed against the walls before everything went black.

For the second time this day, I woke with tears down my cheeks. Groaning, I clutched my side. At least two broken ribs. Other than that, a few bruises and scratches. My eyes were blurred. I quickly evaluated where I was. Black scratched walls, behind what looked like cracked glass.

I blinked a few times and my vision restored. Then I saw a figure. His outfit made him almost camouflaged into the walls. Two piercing, green eyes glared at me, no sign of sympathy for the state I was in.

"What have you done?!" He yelled harshly.

With great difficulty I sat up.

"Does it really look like I did this?" I answered, looking him up and down. He didn't seem to have any injuries. Then again he was a God. Or so he reckons. I let my head fall against the glass behind me.

It looked like the cage had fallen a few metres. I couldn't see the platform above us or the ground below us, so we must've been about halfway.

Loki started to walk towards the side of the cell of which the glass was shattered. His jaw was clenched and he had a slight limp. His eyes darted towards me but quickly retreated to the wall infront of him.

'Son of a bitch.' I mumbled. God knows how long we'd be stuck here. And of all people to be stuck with. Give it a couple hours and I'd probably be wishing that the cage had fallen all of the way, rather than half.

He stalked the sides of the glass room, as if expecting to find something useful, and then paused before lowering himself to a sitting position. His leg was positioned oddly, as if in pain. I shook my head slightly when I caught myself forming some sort of sympathy for him.

'How long will we be here? It's bad enough being locked in here, never mind having you here too.' He spat across to me.

'Trust me sugar, I could make this a hundred times worse.'
He glanced over his shoulder before returning to the wall.

Muffled voices sounded from above as we both looked up and then at each other.
'Natasha?!' It was Barton. 'Are you there? What the hell happened?'

'I'm fine. I don't know what happened.' I called.

'Well just sit tight.'

'Not going to be doing much else are we.' A spiteful voice mumbled.
I smirked but made sure he couldn't see.

'Prisoner, if anything happens to Romanoff we will make sure you pay for it.' Fury's recognisable voice boomed from overhead.
A smile grew on Loki's face. Whether he doubted their power or got some sick pleasure from S.H.I.E.L.D's torture devices I did not know.

After several moments of silence, I spoke.

'So. What's the story? Love-deprived boy stood in his superior brother's shadow his whole childhood, and so believes the way to get his Father's well needed attention is through domination of another planet?' I questioned, earning a menacing glance from the man opposite.

'What makes you think you would understand if I even bothered to tell you? How'd a freak like yourself end up in this kind of business anyway? Monster. Doesn't fit in with the others. Now, there's something quite off about you isn't there? Something... Different. Ahh.' His face lit up. 'There it is. What a pity, no younger ones running about in your future is ther-'

'Enough!' I slammed my fist against the already cracked glass.

His mouth closed but grew into a sinister smile. 'As you wish.'

I turned to face away and lay on my side, deciding to sleep away the time left with the attention-seeking son of a bitch.