Chapter 1

Max raced towards the control room where he knew the device will be, where she will be. His family and the Z force were dealing with Destrocto and other thugs, creating an opening that allowed him to put a stop to this, hopefully once and for all. He entered the control room, where a single figure stood there looking at the timer. Sensing his approach, she turned and her red eyes burned with feral joy and her face twisted with that god-awful smirk.

"Hello, Maxie," she greeted.

Max simply stared with a harden expression at the visage that was once his kind-hearted sister. It has been four years since Phoebe turned evil and began her plight on the world. They managed to stop her every time, but it was getting more difficult with each attempt.

"Love the new suit. Brings out all your assets," she said in a seductive tone. "Can't wait to peel it off of you like the last time."

Max blinked, trying to get rid of the memories of him being captured by her. Now was not the time to open that can of worms.

"Phoebe, we don't have to this," he pleaded, even though he knew how useless it was.

His twin sighed in annoyance. "Max, must we go through this song and dance every time? There is no way I'm going back to being a hero, especially now since the Z force labeled me as a threat to the world. And you won't join me out of some misguided idea of redemption. So, we might as well just skip all this and get straight to the fighting. I promise I'll try to make it painless."

Without a word, both twins readied themselves. Phoebe threw energy balls at Max, who dodged each ball flawlessly. Max used his telekinesis to sweep his opponent's feet, before lunging at her. Phoebe barely got time to get up before Max started his attack on her. She was barely keeping up with him and one of his punches slipped through her defenses landing on her gut, creating an opening for Max, where he began to throw punch after punch. The evil twin managed to put some distance between them, quickly realizing that the suit Max was wearing wasn't just for show, but it enhanced his strength, agility, endurance and his powers. Max charged at her again, but Phoebe quickly let out an energy blast, throwing Max away and short-circuiting his suit. Unknown to both of them, the blast also affected the control console.

"Is that it?" she asked as she approached him, throwing another ball of energy at the fallen hero. "I guess you made this suit a few hours ago, yes? Usually, your inventions are much more durable and overall better when you put more work into them."

She turned him with his face towards her and straddled him. "Not that it matters now. You won't get another chance at making another invention, I promise," she said, her face so close to his that he can feel her breath on his face, before brandishing a knife. "Now, let's get you out of the suit."

Max quickly head-butted her before throwing her off him. He got up, but only to be blasted off his feet again. As he got up again, his Thundersense warned him of the approaching danger. Acting purely on instinct he grabbed the arm that held the knife and twisted it so that the knife hit the gut of his attacker.

Silence reigned over the control room as both twins looked at each other, both of them trying to digest what just happen. The first one to destroy the silence was Phoebe, by coughing up blood on Max's face, which seemed to have made Max snap out of his trance as Phoebe fell.

"Phoebe!" he yelled as he kneeled beside her.

"Max..." she said weakly, her eyes no longer red.

"Don't talk, Phoebe. Save your strength," he said as his mind worked desperately to find a way to save her.

"Max..." she called his name again, this time her voice quieter than before, as she reached with her hand for Max. The young hero grabbed her hand and squeezed. He opened his mouth to comfort her, to tell her that everything will be alright, but she beat him to it. "I'm sorry...for everything. If I had more faith in you...none of this would have happened," she said tears falling for her eyes