Chapter 14: You're Gonna Love Me

Start from the beginning

The next day, the four arrived at Karen’s parents place around dinner time. Elijah was really happy to see his parents again. They all hung around in the living room that evening and at 1am everyone was asleep, except for Karen.  Jimmy was on her mind and she felt really guilty toward Jimi. 
Why do they have the same name? She thought. She threw her phone on the floor and got out of bed. Jimi didn’t moved. 
She walked to Bailey and Cassadee’s room, maybe they were awake and she could talk to them. Cassadee laid next to her iPhone and MacBook and Bailey’s iPad who all were charging  and Bailey laid on the end of the bed, on Cassadee’s feet, with her earphones in like they were drunk or something. Karen closed the door and walked to Elijah’s room and laid down next to him. He mostly crawls into her bunk when they’re on the bus. After twenty minutes her back started to hurt and walked to her parents room. She laid down before their bed, she always did that when she was little and couldn’t sleep. She fell asleep but woke up one hour later. She walked to the living room and wanted to take a seat on the couch when she heard a scream. She pulled the hot pink blanket she got from Kimberly off the couch and saw Bailey. 
‘’You wanted to sit on me.’’ She said.
‘’I didn’t saw you, sorry. Why are you here?’’ she took a seat next to Bailey.
‘’Can’t sleep.’’
‘’I visited your room earlier this night, I thought you were sleeping.’’
Bailey shook her head. ‘’I was awake.’’
They talked all night and the next day they were pretty tired.

That night Karen went to bed early to read a book. More than an hour later Jimi joined her.
‘’Wanna sleep?’’ she asked.
‘’Yeah, why not?’’
Karen put her book away and turned off the light.
‘’Why are you turning your back to me?’’ Jimi asked. ‘’Come to me.’’
Karen crawled to Jimi’s side of the bed and laid her head on his chest. Somewhere deep inside her she felt she didn’t want that. He put her arm around her.
‘’Remember those times that you used to sneak into my bunk?’’
Karen nodded. An hour after the last person, mostly Phillip, went to bed Karen sneaked out of her bunk to join Jimi. They used to cuddle for hours and mostly it was Kimberly who woke Karen up to go back to her own bunk. They made a deal about not sleeping together in one bunk, but Jimi and Karen always broke the rules.
‘’I do remember that.’’ She whispered.
‘’You didn’t do that for a long time.’’
‘’Mostly Elijah joins me.’’
‘’He never joins me!’’
‘’Well, maybe you fart too much.’’
‘’Hey, I don’t fart in my sleep!’’
‘’Oh believe me, you do. Can you please shut your mouth? I really want to sleep.’’
‘’Whatever you want. Goodnight sweetheart.’’ Jimi gave Karen a kiss on her nose.
As soon as she noticed he fell asleep, Karen crawled back to her side of the bed. The longer she was thinking, the more she moved her pillow to the left. Thirty minutes later, she almost laid with her head on the nightstand and that’s how Jimi found her the next morning.
‘’Why are you so far away from me?’’ he asked her when he came back from the bathroom. He noticed she woke up.
‘’What?’’ she muttered.
‘’Your pillow is like miles away from mine, there’s room for two between us. Why do you lay so far away from me?’’
Karen didn’t said a thing.
‘’Don’t you like me anymore?’’ he crawled back into bed. ‘’Is there someone else?’’
‘’What? Of course not silly.’’ She smiled to Jimi and hoped she didn’t blushed.

‘’What’s wrong with you?’’
Karen looked up. ‘’With me? Nothing, why do you ask.’’
‘’You’re just… different. You’re somewhere else with your mind, you barely smile and you act weird toward me.’’
‘’What act weird?’’
‘’Like the second night by your parents, two weeks ago. The latest, three, four weeks you feel like a stranger to me. I don’t recognize you anymore.’’ Jimi sat down on the arm rests on Karen’s chair.
‘’There’s nothing wrong, really.’’ Karen lied and smiled to Jimi.
‘’If there’s something you can tell me, ha.’’
Karen nodded and waited until Jimi left but he stayed.
‘’Where are you waiting for?’’ she asked.
‘’A kiss.’’
‘’A kiss? Well, eh, okay?’’ Karen stood up and gave Jimi a kiss. ‘’If you don’t leave, then I will.’’ She smiled to Jimi, grabbed her book and walked back inside.