Derek punches Stiles's hand with enough force to have Stiles stumble backwards. Stiles' face contorts in pain as he walks off holding his hand. Grunts of pain escape out of his mouth. I push away from the table and walk over to where he is. 

        "He could do it." Stiles tells everyone with his back to all of us.

        I step in front of him. "Are you okay? I tried to warn you." 

        Stiles bites his lip. "Mm, yeah. Yeah, I'm good." Stiles lies through clenched teeth. He's lucky his hand didn't break. 

        "I'll get through the wall. Who's following me down?" Derek asks.

         I quickly walk back to the table with my head high. "I'll come."

        "No, you're not ready!" Derek replies a little harshly. I let out an exasperated sigh. Figures. How does he expect me to be a better hybrid if he doesn't let me do anything.

       "Don't look at me.I'm not up to fighting speed yet, and honestly, with Isaac out of commission, you're not looking at very good odds for yourself." Peter states from the stairs, rubbing his hands toghether. 

        "So I'm supposed to just let them die?"

        "One of them is already dead." Peter points out. 

        "We don't know that."

        "Do I have to remind you what we're up against here? A pack of alphas. All of them, killers. And if that's not enough to scare your testicles back into your stomach, try to remember that two of them combine bodies to form one giant Alpha. I'm sure Erica and Boyd were sweet kids. They're gonna be missed." 

        Anger courses through my veins. How dare he say that? I bite my tongue to keep myself from snapping. Now is not the time. 

        Stiles rejoins the table. "Could someone kill him again, please?"

        "Derek, seriously? Not worth the risk." Peter leans back, crossing his arms.

        I whip around. "Look, I get that you're new around here, but not only are they are friends, but they're our family-"

        Peter smirks, but I can see he is a little shocked that I said anything. "Sometimes, sacrifies need to be made to make a better family."

        "I'm sure you know all about that then." I sneer. "If you don't remember correctly, let me remind you. Derek was the one that killed you because you were some psychopath killer. Maybe you should have taken your own advice and stayed dead. Clearly, with you gone, Derek was making a better family." 

        Everyone stands back, unsure of how to even approach this situation. Peter, however, has another comback for me. "Yes, teenage werewolves and a hybrid, who cries all the time. That's a great family. Very strong."

        "At least I want to go and get Boyd and Erica. I'm not some coward, who refuses to try because it's 'not worth the risk'. All you care about is yourself, Peter. And, guess what. If you keep making enemies, there's going to be no one there to save you when you need it most. You-"

        "Whoa." Stiles wraps his arm around my shoulder to steer me away from Peter. I hadn't even noticed that I was stepping closer and closer to him. I breathe, heavily. I don't know where that side of me came from, but I kind of liked it.

        Peter stands up on the stairs and I hear him extend his claws. "I'll show you who the coward is."

     Before I even had I chance to spin around, Derek runs over to Peter, stopping him from advancing towards me. What suprised me the most was that Scott grabbed my hand and shoved me behind him. Stiles even stood in front of us, protectively. One of Scott's hands has his claws out while the other one is looped around my back, pressing me close to his back. How did I get myself in this situation? Peter shakes his head and sits back down. No one says anything as Derek returns to the table.