Chapter 11: Front Porch Thing part 1

Start from the beginning

‘’Ahw.’’ She wanted to walk inside when she suddenly ran to Karen. 

‘’Can I do your hair?!’’ she asked. ‘’Please?’’

Karen looked hopeless to Jimi. He knows that she doesn’t like it when someone’s touching her hair.

‘’Yeah, that’s such a good idea Daisy. Go make a fairy princess of aunt Karen.’’ Jimi said.

‘’Oh gussie, yes! Can I please make a fairy princess of you?’’ Daisy started to jump up and down. ‘’Please aunt Kiki? Please?’’ 

It is funny for them to hear that Daisy is taking over Kimberly’s vocabulary. 

Karen sighed and gave Jimi a killer-look. He couldn’t stop laughing.

‘’Sure.. let me grab my make up stuff.’’

While she walked inside she gave Jimi a playful hit on his head.

‘’You look pretty, hun.’’ Jimi giggled while he was making dinner.

‘’Shut up. I just know my lipstick is somewhere on my forehead.’’ Karen said.

‘’We should make a picture!’’ Daisy yelled when she ran into the kitchen.

‘’No.’’ Karen whispered.

‘’Yes!’’ Jimi shouted. ‘’With Aunt Karen’s new Polaroid camera she bought last month.’’

And again Karen gave him a killer-look. But then she looked at Daisy and her eyes where sparkling and she couldn’t say no.

‘’Okay, only one picture.’’

‘’I’m going to show this to mommy and daddy tomorrow!’’ Daisy said after they took the photo. She walked to Jimi to look at the photo. ‘’I love this! I want a camera too where the pictures come out.’’ She ran out of the kitchen.

‘’Daisy Pearl , come back, dinner’s ready.’’ Jimi shouted.

Daisy ran back into the kitchen again.

‘’Such an easy child.’’ Karen whispered while she passed Jimi. She looked into the stove, which reflected as a mirror, and looked at herself. She was surprised that there wasn’t any make up on places where it doesn’t belong. She walked back to the kitchen table and they started to eat.

At that moment Cupcake walked into the kitchen.

‘’The Devil’s entering the kitchen right now.’’ Karen said.

‘’Why don’t you have any animals?’’ Daisy asked.

‘’Jimi doesn’t want them because we’re away from home a lot.’’

‘’And if you had to pick one?’’

‘’A big dog. A husky or something, like a wolf.’’

 ‘’Wolves are scary. Can I please go to the living room?’’

‘’Sure, we’ll be there in ten minutes.’’ Jimi said and walked to the kitchen.

‘’Ugh, I hate doing the dishes.’’ Karen complained.

‘’Is that an excuse for being lazy?’’

‘’Shut up, no. It’s just disgusting to see and touch. I can’t wait until the dishwasher works again.’’

‘’Shall I call for it tomorrow?’’

‘’Yes, please.’’

‘’Will you stop being grumpy then?’’

‘’Sure.’’ Karen shook her head. ‘’I’m sorry.’’ And she gave Jimi a kiss.