Chapter 10: Evangeline

Start from the beginning

‘’Hi you. Are you tired?’’

‘’Tired as Hell, yes.’’ She groaned. ‘’I didn’t slept at all last night. The girls keep waking me up. I don’t blame them it’s just, I didn’t slept for three days and I’m getting a bit crazy. Those thoughts who come up in my mind at night, it’s insane!’’

‘’What kind of thoughts?’’ 

‘’You don’t want to know that.  Do you please want to come here?’’

Jimi took off his shoes and joined Karen in her bunk. She laid her head on his chest.

‘’I’m so tired.’’ She whispered.

‘’Why don’t we leave the bus for a couple of days? Just checking in a small hotel. It could be romantic.’’

‘’Romantic?’’ Karen laughed, well what you can call laugh, she barley had power to laugh. ‘’I’d probably sleep all day.’’

‘’So what do you think about it?’’ Jimi asked. He looked at Karen who didn’t replied, she fell asleep again.  She looked actually pretty adorable, her mouth was half open. Jimi went with his hand through her hair while he grabbed his phone and started to play a game.

After a while his phone fell out of his hands, on his face.

‘’Ouch!’’ he yelled.

Karen woke up. ‘’What?’’

‘’Nothing. Go back asleep, honey.’’

Right at that moment the others came back. 

Jimi could hear Karen sighing.

‘’Okay, it’s over. Guys, Karen and I are leaving the bus for a couple of days.’’ Jimi stood up, out of the bunk.

‘’What?’’ Karen said.

‘’We’re packing our stuff, you really need to take some rest, I’m pretty worried about you girl.’’

‘’Worried? About me? Are you crazy? I’m just tired. I didn’t slept for only three days.’’

‘’Only three days?’’ Kimberly shouted. She walked to Karen’s bunk. ‘’I’m going to get your stuff and you get your butt out of this bus!’’

‘’Wow, y’all are so nice.’’ Because of the tiredness, it sounded pretty sarcastic. Karen stood up.

‘’You’re not going anywhere. Where are you going to?’’ Jimi asked.

Karen pushed Jimi away. ‘’Can’t I go to the toilet? Do you want me to pee in bed? I sure will if you clean it up.’’

Kimberly had to laugh about Karen, who’s mostly like this. But deep inside she just knows how much Karen loves Jimi.

‘’What’s wrong with aunt Kiki?’’ Daisy asked.

‘’Nothing, I’m just tired.’’ Karen said.

‘’Is that because of me?’’ She put her hands in the air. Karen grabbed them.

‘’Of course not, silly girl.’’ She gave Daisy a kiss on her nose.

‘’Can you put this CD on?’’ Karen threw her CD to Jimi, who caught it.

‘’Kerosene… can you sleep with this noise?’’ Jimi asked.

‘’Better than ever.’’

‘’Everything to get you take some rest.’’ Jimi started to sing along with the CD.