Chapter 6: Never Felt Love

ابدأ من البداية

‘Because…’ Kimberly looked down. ‘look down.’ She commanded. Karen looked down. ‘because you’re wearing the pants.’ Kimberly started to laugh. 

‘Oh my gosh, Kimberly, how mature!’ Karen threw her napkin to Kimberly, who laid with her head on the table of laughter. Karen did the same while she was clapping in her hands- her old, awkward laugh.

‘Excuse me ladies, we already have entertainment. Do you want something to drink?’ A waitress asked. 

‘Wine, please.’ Karen smiled. 

‘Make a bottle of it!’ Kimberly shouted. The waitress walked away and started to whisper to the waiter who brought the girls to their table. 

‘Do you see that? They are talking about us.’ Karen whispered. ‘Who, Mr. and Mrs. waitress?’ Karen nodded. 

‘They must think we’re crazy. And dating.’ 

‘Stop talking about dating, I’m dying of laughter.’ Kimberly made up a serious face. ‘Do you think they know us?’ 

‘No.’ Karen had to admit. They produced their second CD this year named The Road To Here, one of the songs called Boondocks became popular but that’s it. ‘Good. Otherwise they think we’re crazy lesbian singers.’ Karen started to laugh really hard, a few people looked at her. 

‘I’m engaged missy!’ Karen showed Kimberly her ring. 

‘I know, I know!’ she grabbed Karen’s hand. ‘it’s so beautiful! Jimi picked out a lovely one.’ In the months Jimi and Karen were engaged Kimberly has stared at Karen’s hand for like a million times. 

‘Eh, excuse me. I’m here to take your orders.’ The waiter from the begin stood at their table. Karen pulled her hand back. When the waiter walked away they started to laugh again. 

‘his face! Priceless!’ Karen yelled. 

‘This time I saw it, gussie. I have a stomached ache I can’t stop laughing.’ 

‘It’s official.’ Karen said. ‘We’re dating. Cheers.’ Their glasses touched eachother.

When the girls wanted to leave the restaurant, the radio started to play their recent hit ‘’Boondocks’’. 

‘Karen, oh my God, they are playing our song!’ Kimberly shouted. She started to sing along with the song. 

‘Please, Kim, don’t.’ Karen whispers. She isn’t feeling well, she ate a too much. She waved to a waitress and paid the bill but at the chorus she couldn’t resist it anymore, while the girls walk to the door Karen joined Kimberly with singing. At the door someone caught them. 

‘Hey, that are the girls from this song!’ a man shouted. Shit. 

‘Run by three.’ Karen whispered. ‘1…2…3…’ the girls ran to Kimberly’s car.

‘Oh gussie, that was scary! I thought they wanted to hurt us!’ Kimberly said when they came home. 

‘That’s too much, Kim, they didn’t even followed us.’ Karen fell on the couch. ‘Are you sure you don’t want it?’ 

‘Want what?’ Karen looked up. 

‘the couch, you two look pretty close.’ ‘

Ah, shut up.’ Karen threw a pillow to Kimberly who laughed. 

‘Are you going to stay here? I’m going to bed.’ Kimberly said. 

‘I’m going too!’ Karen stood up.