Chapter 5: Good As Gone

Start from the beginning

‘Karen, was this bothering you for all those weeks?’ Karen nodded. ‘

Yes. I’m sorry, I never wanted to lie to you… I just got stuck up with those feelings. I don’t want to be in love with Jimi! It’s impossible because of the band. But… he’s so cute!’ Kimberly started to giggle. 

‘That’s my Karen.’ She hugged her. ‘Did you really think I was mad at you? Because of this? Of course not! It are your feelings. I don’t expect that you tell me every single detail of your life.’ 

‘Really? Oh my God, Kimberly, I was so scared to lose you!’ 

‘You’ll never lose me. I’m like an annoying bug, I’ll never stop annoying you.’ She laughed.

‘You never annoy me.’ 

‘You know, I actually knew you liked Jimi.’ 

‘How do you know?’ 

‘Three weeks ago. Come on, like I didn’t heard you two!’ Karen started to blush. ‘oh my God stop!’ they both had to giggle. 

‘Jimi’s party started an hour ago, shouldn’t we leave?’ 

‘I’m scared.’ 

‘Scared? Why?’ 

‘I… told Jimi I don’t want to continue our relationship until I told it to you. By person.’ 

‘What? Where are you waiting for? It’s his birthday! Suprice him.’

Fifteen minutes later they arrive at the bar where Jimi invited them. 

‘I’m nervous.’ Karen whispered. 

‘You don’t have to, come on.’ Kimberly grabbed Karen’s hand and took her inside. 

‘Here we are!’ She yelled. ‘Happy birthday Jimi!’ Right at that moment they see Jimi kissing another girl.

‘You stay.’ Kimberly grabbed Karen’s hand. 

‘Let me go.’ Karen whispered. 

‘No, you can’t run away from the truth Karen. You’re not a little kid anymore. Don’t run away from your fears.’ 

‘Who are you? My mother?’ 

‘Today? Yes I am. Come on.’ The girls walked to Jimi. 

‘Happy birthday.’ They both said and gave Jimi three kisses on his cheek. ‘Looking good, Karen!’ Rebecca said. 

‘Thank you, Becky.’ Karen took a seat next to Rebecca and started to talk about Karen’s dress. 

‘Uh, guys. Can I have your attention please?’ Everybody was looking at Jimi. ‘These are my old friends from Birmingham.’ He introduced the band to his friends. The girl Jimi kissed is called Cassadee. She looks pretty, long brown curly hair, and green eyes. She looks a bit like Karen.  While everybody had fun, Karen was checking out Cassadee. Jimi was flirting with her the whole time but she didn’t really gave attention to it. If she didn’t kissed MY man, I would probably like her. Karen thought. 

‘Kiki? Hello?’ Kimberly said. 

‘What?’ 

‘Do you want something to drink?’ 

‘Eh, yes please. Wine is okay.’ 

‘Are you okay?’ Kimberly said to Karen without making any noise. She nodded. ‘May I have everybody’s attention please?’ Phillip stood up. 

‘I… eh… Becky and I.’ 

‘We’re engaged!’ Rebecca finished. 

‘Oh my gosh really?’ Karen hugged Rebecca. ‘I’m so happy for you two.’ She walked to Phillip and hugged him too.