Chapter 6 - Sicker than he thought

On arrival back to the castle, Adelaida once again felt that wonder she did that night before when she first arrived as to find Adrien for his help, but this time there was a different feeling attached to it - peace. Instead of throwing herself through massive doors while being chased by a crowd of blood thirsty people, she had her arms delicately wrapped around her saviour. It was a comforting change of pace. Although still unsure about the offer he'd given her, she was ready to bend to his will if it brought her the continued companionship and safety he had promised to her. 

"Come now, off we get." Like a gentle breeze, Adrien's voice spoke up as he stood by the horse outside the castle doors, arms outstretched upwards as to assist Adelaida as she slipped off, his gloved hands grasping her waist as he let her down easily. Adelaida's small hands held his arms lightly as she touched ground, her wide eyes staring around in wonder once again, this causing Adrien to smirk lightly at the look of intrigue in the Human's eyes. Letting the young woman go and turning his attention to the castle once more, he began moving towards it, the young woman doing the same, scampering after his large steps. 

Once more Adelaida found herself staring at the man whom done so much for her, her arm gently interlacing with his as they moved into the large castle, the place undisturbed as before he left it. The man hardly felt the woman's gentle touch as she basically floated right by him, but even so, he allowed her to be close as he shut the castle doors behind them with his free hand - finally, they were both home, and most of all, she was safe. He thought of all the things that could have happened in the few hours she had been gone, how she could've very easily been beaten, sold - killed. Truly, he was pleased that she was by his side and that another good Human was saved from the judgement of others. For the first time in a while, he felt as if he'd done a truly good thing, but only time could tell how successful his plan would be.

"Not to be rude but," Unlacing his arm from hers and stepping back, Adrien took a moment to look over the woman, his eyes squinting at her somewhat as he re-took in her appearance. Indeed he had seen her in a state like this before, but he was sure that she was even more beat up than the last time he'd seen, and it didn't sit well with him. The blood and dirt that covered her frail body made him feel uncomfortable, and he knew he couldn't have her around like that for much longer. "I believe you should take a bath, to wash off all that blood. If you follow me I'll show you where to go, I'm unsure if I can stand you looking like this much longer." He spoke gently to her as Adelaida glanced down to herself - he was right, even although she had washed herself in the lake not long ago she and the dress she wore still looked pretty horrific. She was unsure if he meant to insult her or if he found it hard to see her appear so unwell, but either way she agreed with him - something had to be done about her less than appealing appearance. Nodding silently, Adelaida moved after the man as he moved further into the home, her eyes casting around to the grandness of the hall once more. The candelabras, the large pillars, the grand staircase, the long red carpet, the incredibly high roof - it was simply amazing to behold once more. 

"Pardon me but, have you always lived alone? This place, it's... spectacular, too spectacular for one person if you don't mind me saying." 

Although the urge to snap at her graced his mind, Adrien could not fault the innocent question she had asked him, even if it did touch upon a still very much so open wound. He took a moment as to adjust himself before taking to the stairs, his pale hand gripping the banister for a time before he looked back to Adelaida, the look of wonder on her face making him sigh.

"I didn't always live alone," He began softly as he took to climbing the large staircase, his boots ringing out loudly with each step he took. "I used to have a family, but... they were taken away under less desirable circumstances, a lot like yours, Adelaida," Stepping up step by step, Adrien felt a pang of sorrow inside his chest as he recounted what had happened in the last few years. He knew it was for the best that his father was dead and that the world being torn to shreds was avoided, but he couldn't help but feel a tinge of regret clawing at his mind. He wondered at times if he could've done anything to set his father straight or to save his mother, but he knew dwelling on those thoughts would do nothing for him but cause unneeded stress and grief. "But ever since, yes, yes I've lived alone. But, not anymore." Turning his head to look to the young lady who was skipping up the steps behind him, a gentle smile appearing on his face as his golden eyes met Adelaida's. Although still slightly apprehensive about his proposal to her, he knew that regardless of how it went that they both needed the company and that this would benefit them both greatly from a phycological standpoint, even if his original plan didn't go well.
Upon reaching the top of the stairs, Adrien moved down the hallway swiftly, taking sharp turns through the building as Adelaida struggled to keep up with his extremely fast pace. Suddenly halting at a door, he turned as to talk to the young woman only to see her shakily walking towards him still slowly - he forgot at times how sick she was and that she was merely a Human, and not to mention how fast he could truly move compared to her. He would need to remember that as to not cause her body any more stress when moving around the castle after him, or he would simply need to remember to carry her, which seemed much more sensible given her struggles. Once she reached him, he finally opened the door of the room which revealed something Adelaida had never seen - a makeshift bath-house.