I 'Effin Love You part 29

Start from the beginning

"Sonny told you about me, correct?" she asked.

"Oh, yes. He did. Angie," I said.

"Angie. My real name," she sighed dreamily.

"Is there a reason why you married my father and told him your name was Flora? And is there a reason why you got a ticked off at him for cheating on you with my mom when you were cheating on him for who knows how long?" I asked. She glared hard at me.

"If you MUST know, your 'father' cheated on me long before I cheated on him. I changed my name to escape an abusive boyfriend from my past before I met him. I told Vinny my real name because I knew he was ruled this mob and I knew that my old boyfriend couldn't come back and do anything to me because I was under Vinny's protection. And I am. I'm very protected by Vinny. I also know everything that goes on in the mob world," she explained, while twirling her necklace around.

"Okay...if you know all about the mob world, how did you not know your own son was in a mob?" I asked.

"Oh, honey. You think I didn't know that Jimmy was in a mob? Of course I knew! He made a poor choice joining the Corinthos'. But, what are you gonna do? The boy's a rebel," she shrugged.

"You knew he was in a mob?"

"Indeed."

"Then you must know that your mob and his mob are sworn enemies. They hate each other!"

"I know that. I hate them too. The Corinthos' that is," she said.

"Well, duh," I scoffed. She glared again.

"I really don't need your attitude, my dear," she snarled.

"I don't really care. You're not my aunt or my step mom anymore. So I don't care," I snapped. She dropped her glare and shook her head.

"You know, April always was my favorite. She was everyone's favorite," she said, obviously trying to make me feel bad.

"Whatever," I said, rolling my eyes.

"It really is a shame that she had to die. I mean, I didn't intend for her to die like that, but it just happened," she went on. I gaped at her.

"What did you just say?" I asked her. She smiled.

-Jimmy's POV-

I think we had enough money. We had gone everywhere we were supposed to collect. Most of them gave us a little attitude for collecting so late at night, but this was New York! Who wasn't up at- looks at watch- twelve thirty at night? We went up to the last door and pounded on it.

"How much do we have?" I asked the other three. Bobby counted up what we just collected.

"We have six thousand, five hundred and sixty two dollars right now," he answered.

"And they owe us how much?" I asked, pointing at the door. Tommy checked his notebook.

"They owe us five thousand, six hundred and ninety two," he said, just as the door swung open. Harris' eyes popped wide open at the sight of us.

"I have it! I have it! Just give me a minute," he said, running back into his little duplex. We waited patiently by the door and not too long later he returned and gave me the money. I raised an eyebrow, looking down at the money and flipped through it.

"Is it all here Harris?" I asked him. He nodded quickly and gulped.

"It's all there, Mr. Jimmy. I counted it all myself three times," he said. I smirked.

"Good boy," Tommy said. We walked back down the stairs and I heard Harris sigh from relief.

"So we have more than enough now?" Paulie asked.