5; southernwood baseness

HANAKO WAKES TO TODOROKI SHOUTO'S FACE MERE INCHES FROM HERS. Alarmed, she scrambles on the futon and bumps her forehead unto his.

Hanako doesn't apologize. For one thing it's not her fault, for another, she has terrible morning breath and she'd rather die than have a boy born witness to that. She may be homicidal thoughts and deceitful ploys, but she know there's a maiden heart there somewhere.

"Sis is insisting that you join us for breakfast," he says as if nothing happened at all. "I'll walk you to your house soon after."

Hanako nods.

They eat a heavy breakfast and the sun hasn't even risen yet so Hanako has plenty of time to take a bath and get dressed once she's back home. When Todoroki accompanies her, it's filled with awkward silence and the lunacy of the entire situation is only amplified by the fact that he's already wearing his uniform.

She leaves him by the doorway without saying any thanks and immediately heads to her room to copy out the assignment Mei had emailed her. Hanako takes a cold shower, brushes her teeth and gets dressed. Give or take, it probably only lasted for about twenty minutes so her jaw almost drops from schock when Todoroki is still waiting for her right where she left him.

The parlor underneath her apartment door is preparing to open for business and he's still casually leaning against the railing to the stairs leading to her apartment. The sun has shone now, casting a cheerful facade for the murderous planet with its murderous people and Hanako still cannot fathom why Todoroki Shouto ( the stupid boy with stupid red hair and red scar on his stupid face ) waited for her.

"Stop following me," Hanako says with a cold gaze as Todoroki walks beside her on the way to school.

"We're heading the same way, aren't we?"

Silence.

Hanako breaks it. "Why did you wait for me? I don't like your company."

"Is it that bad to be seen with me?" he asks, that same blank expression that almost mirrors Hanako's. "I thought I was popular."

Hanako glares at him and retorts, her voice crawling with ice. There will be no flowers today, only the cold. "No amount of popularity or dashing good looks can stop me from resenting your entire existence."

He tilts his head to the side, almost curious. "Dashing good looks?"

"I hate you."

° ° °
s o u t h e r n w o o d  b a s e n e s s ;
bantering