Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

ݤ Chapter Three ݤ

~Saturn~

My alarm clock woke me up the next morning. I rolled over and hit it off, but I didn't go back to sleep. It was already twelve o'clock and I needed to be at the beach by one. It was also a thirty minute drive.

I quickly combed my hair, brushed my teeth, and then slipped on a swimsuit. Knowing I would want some extra clothing for later, I threw on a sweater and shorts, along with stuffing extra stuff in my duffle bag. I was done by twelve twenty.

I raced down the stairs just as Ashley went in the kitchen. I ran after her, asking "You're taking me to the beach, right?"

She turned to me with a smile wider than it should have been. "Of course! Actually, all of us are going so just give us a few seconds and we'll go!"

I wanted to hurt someone. "ALL of you are going?!"

This. Wasn't. Good. A bunch of Graced people were going and I hadn't known of anyone inviting ANY mortals. This was too big of a trouble and I started panicking.

"Well, to take you yes. Chad and I want to go to Laketon to look around- maybe shop- and Travis doesn't want to be left behind. I think he wants to go to the actual beach with you...he says that he should see some of his friends."

No, I don't think he would. "Um..." I was completely running out of things to say until it donned on me- I'm a Liar, duh! I quickly ran from the kitchen and dumped into Travis on the way to the quest room.

"Anxious to see me?" he smirked.

"You don't want to go to the beach and Chad won't let you." I grinned to myself and turned around, knowing I had eliminated a problem. The only thing I had left to take care of was if Ashley questioned me about the people who were there...

"Um, I hate to break it to you, but you're wrong." I heard the cockiness in his voice and I instantly swiveled around to look at him.

It hadn't worked.

Why?!

"What do you mean?" I asked nervously.

"Chad said it'd be good for me and that I should. And I DO want to go, thank you very much."

I felt as if my whole world was crumbling down, as if I was losing my mind. Was I? Why hadn't it worked?! He should be thinking that he didn't want to go right about now! I took a step back, "Tell me a lie."

"What?" he asked whist giving me a really weird look.

"Just tell me a lie damn it!"

He stuttered for a moment before finally saying something. "I'm eleven...."

I didn't get the feeling in my chest, even though I could physically see that he wasn't eleven. What was happening to me?!

I put my hand on my chest and noticed that my heart was beating way faster than normal and my breaths were coming short and fast. I was hyperventilating by the time Travis put his hand on my back.

"Are you alright?" he asked with concern.

I was too shocked and unnerved to say anything cruel. "I-I don't know..."

"Let's go!" I heard Ashley say before she emerged from the kitchen. I immediately straightened up and looked directly at her.

"I have red hair."

"That was random..." Ashley's eyebrow went up in suspicion. "And your hair is brown, sweetheart."

My world was coming to an end.