Reasons Why I Love Fat People

The first time I ever saw Gabriel Iglesias' standup comedy, I loved it. Not just because of the brilliant addressing of the differences between Anglo-American culture and Mexican-American culture. Not just because he lovingly mocks Disneyland almost as much as I do.

It's because he had done what I always thought was impossible: talking honestly about, and finding humor in, being an overweight man.

I tend to go for , and I have for most of my adult life. I have no idea why — my dad was a fairly lean guy who regularly ran marathons. A great deal of my relatives are overweight, and it negatively affects their health. I'm paranoid about gaining any weight at all. But regardless of all this, I'm still a "fat chaser."

I've tried to break it down scientifically: Do fat people appeal to me because it signals that they can "find resources" in the big scary world? Does it signal that they could take care of me should I myself run out of resources? Maybe it's a primal gold digger desire — I could steal their resources and they'd be too out of shape to properly chase me and take their meat and bone club back. Maybe.

But after a lot of thinking, I've come up with four reasons why it's cool to date bigger guys. I know that you can't force someone to have a sexual attraction to someone else. I also don't want to exclude skinny guys on the sexiness scale (I have certainly had my share of bony lads). And for the love of God, I get that my attraction is pretty rare for an American woman to have.

http://www.fatfetish.org