2. Dreamscape Lament (1/4)

Start from the beginning

"And who might you be?" Nobunaga asked the cat as he let out his hand. "I don't recall her ladyship adopting a pet."

Jojo sniffed his hand and circled him. Nobunaga's eyes followed the cat, and soon, Jojo sat in front of the spirit warlord and chirped. Nobunaga stared at the cat, unsure of what to do.

"Well, who knew that Lord Nobunaga would sneak into Lady (Y/N)'s house. At least you weren't attacked by her guard cat." A familiar voice was heard from the doorway. Nobunaga looked up to see Masamune, holding a hyperactive Shogetsu.

"What are you doing here?" Nobunaga stood, his eyes narrowed. "Did you lay your hands on (Y/N)?"

Masamune chuckled as he set down the baby tiger, who rushed over to the black cat to play. "Well, it started with this impudent kit running away from home, and her ladyship didn't want to play with me and tricked her way to escape, the clever kitten. What are you doing here?"

"They have shifted their conditions with me." Nobunaga replied. Masamune's dragon ears perked up as he gave a look of surprise. Nobunaga continued, "I was about to use my blade against the other Justices and the council."

"... Why? What happened?" Masamune grew concerned. "Did you get into trouble with them?"

"(Y/N) was hurt this morning, and I took action right away before they try to do something against all six of us." Nobunaga replied. "If they hadn't complied I would have waged a war."

Masamune frowned. "... How did Lady (Y/N) get hurt? It's impossible."

"She... She was trying to protect her fellow humans. She's grown attached to this realm." Nobunaga replied, unsure if he should detail the events from before at the moment. "I don't know where they took her afterwards, but from what I can tell, she's probably being treated right now. No one fought back when she was taken."

"I'm sure I'll find her when the sun starts to set," Masamune was shaken by the surprising news. "Are you planning to tell the others?"

"Yes. Expect to be in the audience chamber in an hour," Nobunaga replied. "I have to see how far the council had allowed me to faze between the dreamscape and reality."

"You'll get to interact with her the same way Mitsunari does, I'm jealous." Masamune gave a toothy grinned. "Leaving me out of all the fun."

"The fact that you are under her roof nullifies your argument." Nobunaga huffed as he started to walk away.

"Then I should play dirty if you say it like that." Masamune gave a chuckle as the warlord left the room, Jojo following him out into the hall.

"Masamune said that you guard (Y/N)," Nobunaga spoke to the cat, who looked up at him. "It seems that you are forbidden to leave this house, as was I to leave her dreams. But that changes today."

Jojo gave a meow, not like the black cat understood what he said anyway. Nobunaga picked up the cat, holding him in his arms. Jojo didn't seem to mind, although he shifted around to adjust. Nobunaga found it peculiar that this guard cat found favor in him. Maybe it could see a past connection? His scent? Perhaps (Y/N) had talked about him? Nobunaga was yet to find out soon as he left the house with the cat.

"You are to help me find (Y/N) and to help pull her out of despair. Do you understand?" Nobunaga commanded the cat. Jojo was latched onto his kimono, the outdoor scenery nearly giving the poor feline a sensory overload. Nobunaga took it as a form of acceptance, and he grinned.

•◇|Mitsunari focus|◇•