The Past hurts

There a few feet away, he was standing there with Padma Patil, who everyone had thought to be one of the prettiest girls in their year. They just sat at a table not even glancing at each other, but at everyone on the dance floor. Next to them sat Harry and Pavarti. She was trying to talk to him but he was staring at the dance floor, obviously looking for Cho.

Young Ron's eyes glazed over two people and he just sat there glaring at them for the longest time. Older him looked where he was looking and saw it was Hermione with Krum. Even now the thought of him gets his blood boiling.

They danced and laughed and after what felt like forever they walked off the dance floor laughing and sweating. Krum went to get punch for them and Hermione walked over to the boys. The twins had left them not long before.

They talked until Hermione stalked off angrily and Ron slouched down in his seat and crossed his arms. Past stuck out his arm to Ron. Ron gladly took it wanting to get away from this memory. In what felt like half a second he was standing in the Gryffindor common room. It was totally empty.

Suddenly Hermione burst through the door in the same dress he had seen in her not only a few seconds ago, but now her hair was all messy. "He is too old!" He yelled as she kept walking. "He's seventeen, your fourteen!" She twisted around and stared at him once she was in the middle of the room.

"Why do you care?" She asked with her hands placed perfectly on her hips.

"Because you're like my friend and he's just going to end up hurting you! I'm just looking out for you!"

"You're not looking out for me! You are trying to ruin everything." They were now only a few feet apart and their faces contorted in anger not daring to look away from the other's eyes.

"He is going to hurt you!"

Older Ron caught his breath as he heard the next statement. He had forgotten all about it, considering he never talked about it and never admitted his feeling at the time he wasn't surprised that he had forgotten what Hermione had said

"Well, if you don't like it, you know the solution is, don't you?" Her hair seemed to go even more back to its frizzy self. Ron angrily asked her what and seemed quite taken aback by her answer.

"Next time there's ball, ask me before somebody else does, and not as a last resort!" Then she fled, stomping up the stairs to girl's dormitories. Ron muttered about her totally missing the point then went upstairs as well.

"Okay, are we done with this now? I just want to go back to sleep." Past shook his head and again him and Ron left the common room and suddenly appeared in a flat.

It was small and he remembered it as the one him and Harry had shared while Hermione went back to finish her seventh year. The fridge always seemed to be empty and they soon forgot what the floor looked like.

But right now it was clean and dark. He couldn't see much with all the lights off and started to wonder when someone would walk in creating another terrible memory to show him "why".

After a few minutes of pure silence he heard the doorknob jiggling as someone was trying to unlock the door. Ron held his breath in waiting for the moment to happen.

The door flung open revealing Ron. He stood there in tattered clothes covering his body. He was covered it bruises and cuts. Obviously just having got out of a tough situation at work as an auror.

He walked in not even caring that the lights were off but just making his way to the couch when suddenly light and excitement burst through the room. A bunch of people having just apparated and streamers and a 'Happy birthday Ron" banner appeared. Ron screamed and jumped a foot in the air.