2: New Relations

"Come again?" Soraya said with a sassy facial expression. "What do you mean supposed to be ex-wife? Either she is or she isn't."

"Raya, I do not know. He said he filed his papers, he even showed me but she won't sign them." I told her twisting my lip because I knew she was about to have some words for me.

"That sounds like bullshit!" Nylah exclaimed as Soraya agreed with her.

"Y'all I don't know," I sighed and forked around in my food.

I really wasn't trying to hold this conversation with them or anyone else. I am a big girl now, if something is wrong I would like to figure that out on my own. I just don't think Dustin's lying to me. He's like my angel, his eyes are too innocent to look into mine and deceive me.

"Alright, Naia. I can tell when you wanna let a subject be, all I'm saying is be careful about this, baby girl." Soraya consoled me reaching across the counter to rub my shoulder.

"I will." I gave a soft forced smile.

"Good. On the subject of men though, how are things with Jacquees?" Nylah asked leaning forward as if there was some secret to be told.

"Things are good actually. I think we work better this way, like, being friends and co-parenting. It really has been working out well." I honestly answered taking another bite of my food.

"Do you miss him at all?" She asked me with a sly smirk.

"Miss him how?" I asked pretending to be confused as if I didn't know what she was talking about.

"Bitch you now how. Do you miss the dick?" Soraya blurted out in a matter of factly tone.

"No." I stated truthfully not looking either of them in the eye.

"You're lying." Soraya laughed folding her hands atop the counter.

"No -- no, I'm not." I stuttered, forking through my food.

"Look me in my eyes."

"Hmm?"

"NAIMAH!" She yelled out.

"Yes?" I peered up at her leaving my head hung.

"You can't even look me in my eyes, you miss him." She told me with a laugh.

"No -- I mean, yes, I do but no I just. Idk, man. I truly don't." I whined.

I folded my arms on the counter and lay my head down because tears were approaching and I didn't want this weakness to show. For the first time in 6 months I was really feeling confused, especially because things have been going down a bit with Dustin. I feel confused all over again.

"Hey, baby, don't beat yourself up. Alright?" Nylah came around to me softly caressing my hair.

"Yeah, Nai. You know we're here for you. To guide you & help you through whatever." Soraya added in, rubbing up and down my back in a soft manner.

"Thanks." I muffled with my head still down and tears flowing. "I really love you guys."

"And we love you." They both responded with a kiss on either of my cheeks.

Jacquees

The music playing through the speakers of my Charger blared loudly as I slowly cruised through the busy Atlanta streets. I had a long day working and I was almost home. I was ready to shower, get in bed and just relax.

I turned into my townhouse complex and my phone began ringing. When I picked it up the name: "Aleisha" flashed across the screen and a bright smiled splattered on my face. I pressed the call button and put her on speakerphone.

"What's up, baby girl?" I seductively but cheerfully greeted her.

"Hey, baby. What are you doing?" She asked me in her soft-spoken tone.

"Pulling up to the crib. What's up?"

"I was thinking about coming through." She said with the cutest giggle following.

"Well, shit come through, ma." I told her, navigating my car into my driveway and bringing it to a stop.

"Alright, I'll be over in a half an hour."

"Alright, baby girl." I said before hanging up the phone.

I got out of my car and grabbed my practice bag, locked up my car then headed inside. I had a jittery feeling in my stomach just thinking about her being here soon. Her beautiful, flowing hair and soft brown skin. Those smiles and those legs, damn, this girl has me head over heels. I honestly never thought I'd find myself ever even remotely close to being over Naimah but here I am.

Don't get me wrong, Naimah will always be the love of my life but I had to venture on to new relations as long as she was. I cannot lie though, if Naimah told me any time soon that she was ready to come back where she should be then I would take her back in a minute. Maybe it would be bad to do that to Aleisha, especially because she is a sweet girl, but when you find that one true love you sacrifice everything for that happiness. One day I'll watch her walk down the aisle to me in a beautiful flowing white gown but until then I'll enjoy these new journeys.