Chapter 2: The Cute Guy

Jack was rushing around his house, once again, so he wouldn't be late for band practice. No, not the dingy high school band, an actual band. Whom included himself and his three best friends; Daniel, Corbyn, and Jonah.

He may, or may not have, woken up later than usual. He cursed to himself when he saw the time and started getting ready as quickly as possible. He grabbed random black skinny jeans and a black t-shirt, cause black on black is everything, and grabbed his, you guessed it, black leather jacket and shoved on a random pair of shoes.

In his defense, he sort of forgot it was the middle of December and he was freezing his butt off. He didn't have a car, only his baby. Aka, his motorcycle. He wiped the snow off her seat and kissed it. "I'm back, baby. Let's go for a ride,"

It wasn't one of the modern motorcycles, more of the older ones. Ones they had in the sixties or something. (Picture at beginning for a visual)
She was a bit bulkier then most, but she ran smoothly in the winter time and he couldn't ask for a better ride. He put on his helmet and started her engine, quickly getting out his phone and texting the guys.

The Boissssss

Jack: hey. Might be late. Sorry
Space dood: again? Fine. But when you stop at a coffee shop, get me a croissant.
Apple Juice: same. And a latte
Tall boi: oooo same. But iced latte cause I'm no heathen. *cough cough* Daniel.
Apple Juice: shut up
Jack: fine. Whatever.

Jack chuckled at the texts but didn't want to disappoint them even more. He revved the engine and pressed on the gas petal, flying past the houses on his street. His curly hair was thankfully out of the way as the wind blew against his face.

~~~

He stopped in front of the cafe, which had cars lined up by the drive-through. But barely anyone inside. Must be too early for anyone willing to get out of their cars. Jack pulled off his helmet and set it on his seat, clutching his jacket closer to him as he walked towards the door.

The moment he walked into the small cafe, his nose was flooded with the smell of coffee and croissants. Christmas music played softly in the background and he could see workers running around in the back.

Then a voice called. "I'll be with you in a moment!" Her voice was sweet a soothing but obviously stressed. He waited causally by the register and rolled up his sleeves, revealing the tattoos he had on his arms.

"So sorry about that. Busy morning. What would you like?" She asked, taking in deep breaths as she tucked her fiery red hair behind her ear.

"Could I have four croissants, caramel latte, a white chocolate mocha frappe, apple juice if you have any, and black coffee, please," he smiled as he read off his friends requests. (Btw the white chocolate mocha frappe at Starbucks is delicious). She laughed as she wrote down his orders.

"I'm guessing you're ordering for a couple of people?"

"Yeah. My friends are making me buy them coffee since I'm late for our hang out," he told her. She laughed again and nodded. "You're order will be up soon. Settle down at one of the tables if you'd like. And if you want anything else, just ask," she said as she walked back and called out the order.

~~~
"Zach!" Charlie called as she rushed to the Latte machine. He jumped and yelped, almost hitting her.

"Jesus Charlie, you almost have me a heart attack. What do you need?" He asked as he turned back to his latte.

"A guy came in and he's HOT," she emphasized, turning her head to look at him, but turning it back quickly so he didn't see. He raised an eyebrow at her as he put a lid on the coffee and handed it to Gabbie, who was buy the pickup window. "I have eyes, Zach. I may be really gay, but I can at least look," she responded. He rolled his eyes and took the piece of paper from her hand, reading off the orders to himself.

"He has tattoos, Zach. Tattoos! That's pretty hot,"

"Okay, I'll admit-" he takes a glance at the boy sitting at one of the tables by the windows. "- he is pretty cute. But that does not mean I have the excuse to fraternize with customers or we wouldn't have customers," he says, waking over to the coffee machine.

"You're no fun, I hope you know that," she huffs. Zach laughs and pats her shoulder. "Maybe one day, Charles,"

"Stop calling me that!"

~~~

A/N: I'm sorry I didn't get this chapter up sooner! I was pretty busy with homework and stuff ;-;
But it's here now! Enjoy!